RE: [midatlanticretro] SGI

  • BDegnan
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2010
      They are vintage, but a newer era's vintage. GUI age

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 1, 2010
        But the Amiga 3000 was released in 1990, the A1200 in 1992 and the A4000 in 1993.  Are they not considered vintage as well?

        Cheers,

        Bryan

        On 1/1/2010 10:55 AM, B Degnan wrote:
        "vintage" means typical of the era, and SGI is vintage early 90's.  Our group covers vintage computers that trail off into the late 80's.  So the answer is both never and already.

      • Joe Giliberti

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 2, 2010

                I think the A1000 would be vintage--this was the breakthru design -- the others would still be historic

                =Dan
                http://www.midatlanticretro.org/