Re: [midatlanticretro] SGI

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2010

      what about the early SGI machines from the 80's that used the 68K processors ?
      I think they are a good example of early graphical workstations that would be vintage.

      =Dan

      B Degnan wrote:
      "vintage" means typical of the era, and SGI is vintage early 90's.  Our group covers vintage computers that trail off into the late 80's.  So the answer is both never and already.
      bd

      Christian Liendo wrote:
      When will SGI be vintage?

    • BDegnan
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 1, 2010
        They are vintage, but a newer era's vintage. GUI age

        B Degnan wrote:
        "vintage" means typical of the era, and SGI is vintage early 90's.  Our group covers vintage computers that trail off into the late 80's.  So the answer is both never and already.
        bd

        Christian Liendo wrote:
        When will SGI be vintage?

      • Bryan Pope
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 1, 2010
          But the Amiga 3000 was released in 1990, the A1200 in 1992 and the A4000 in 1993.  Are they not considered vintage as well?

          Cheers,

          Bryan

          On 1/1/2010 10:55 AM, B Degnan wrote:
          "vintage" means typical of the era, and SGI is vintage early 90's.  Our group covers vintage computers that trail off into the late 80's.  So the answer is both never and already.

        • Joe Giliberti

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 2, 2010

                  I think the A1000 would be vintage--this was the breakthru design -- the others would still be historic

                  =Dan
                  http://www.midatlanticretro.org/