Re: [midatlanticretro] MMX

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2010

      B Degnan wrote:
      So,
      It's now MMX.

      And it's 3732  :)

      Speaking of MMX when will the Pentium MMX be vintage?  According to this
      group, never.

      maybe in MMMX   - Ha !

      So why bring it up?  Because I am going to get a UNIX PC
      7300 today

      cool motorola 68010 machine.

      Happy New Year
      =Dan
      http://www.midatlanticretro.org/

    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 1, 2010
        When will SGI be vintage?

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 1, 2010
          "vintage" means typical of the era, and SGI is vintage early 90's.  Our group covers vintage computers that trail off into the late 80's.  So the answer is both never and already.
          bd

          Christian Liendo wrote:
          When will SGI be vintage?

        • Dan Roganti
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 1, 2010

            what about the early SGI machines from the 80's that used the 68K processors ?
            I think they are a good example of early graphical workstations that would be vintage.

            =Dan

            B Degnan wrote:
            "vintage" means typical of the era, and SGI is vintage early 90's.  Our group covers vintage computers that trail off into the late 80's.  So the answer is both never and already.
            bd

            Christian Liendo wrote:
            When will SGI be vintage?

          • BDegnan
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 1, 2010
              They are vintage, but a newer era's vintage. GUI age

              B Degnan wrote:
              "vintage" means typical of the era, and SGI is vintage early 90's.  Our group covers vintage computers that trail off into the late 80's.  So the answer is both never and already.
              bd

              Christian Liendo wrote:
              When will SGI be vintage?

            • Bryan Pope
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 1, 2010
                But the Amiga 3000 was released in 1990, the A1200 in 1992 and the A4000 in 1993.  Are they not considered vintage as well?

                Cheers,

                Bryan

                On 1/1/2010 10:55 AM, B Degnan wrote:
                "vintage" means typical of the era, and SGI is vintage early 90's.  Our group covers vintage computers that trail off into the late 80's.  So the answer is both never and already.

              • Joe Giliberti