MMX

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2010
      So,
      It's now MMX.

      Speaking of MMX when will the Pentium MMX be vintage? According to this
      group, never. So why bring it up? Because I am going to get a UNIX PC
      7300 today, and that has nothing to do with anything so far in this message.

      Happy New Year

      Bill
    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 1, 2010

        B Degnan wrote:
        So,
        It's now MMX.

        And it's 3732  :)

        Speaking of MMX when will the Pentium MMX be vintage?  According to this
        group, never.

        maybe in MMMX   - Ha !

        So why bring it up?  Because I am going to get a UNIX PC
        7300 today

        cool motorola 68010 machine.

        Happy New Year
        =Dan
        http://www.midatlanticretro.org/

      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 1, 2010
          When will SGI be vintage?

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 1, 2010
            "vintage" means typical of the era, and SGI is vintage early 90's.  Our group covers vintage computers that trail off into the late 80's.  So the answer is both never and already.
            bd

            Christian Liendo wrote:
            When will SGI be vintage?

          • Dan Roganti
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 1, 2010

              what about the early SGI machines from the 80's that used the 68K processors ?
              I think they are a good example of early graphical workstations that would be vintage.

              =Dan

              B Degnan wrote:
              "vintage" means typical of the era, and SGI is vintage early 90's.  Our group covers vintage computers that trail off into the late 80's.  So the answer is both never and already.
              bd

              Christian Liendo wrote:
              When will SGI be vintage?

            • BDegnan
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 1, 2010
                They are vintage, but a newer era's vintage. GUI age

                B Degnan wrote:
                "vintage" means typical of the era, and SGI is vintage early 90's.  Our group covers vintage computers that trail off into the late 80's.  So the answer is both never and already.
                bd

                Christian Liendo wrote:
                When will SGI be vintage?

              • Bryan Pope
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 1, 2010
                  But the Amiga 3000 was released in 1990, the A1200 in 1992 and the A4000 in 1993.  Are they not considered vintage as well?

                  Cheers,

                  Bryan

                  On 1/1/2010 10:55 AM, B Degnan wrote:
                  "vintage" means typical of the era, and SGI is vintage early 90's.  Our group covers vintage computers that trail off into the late 80's.  So the answer is both never and already.

                • Joe Giliberti