Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Welcome to Macintosh on CNBC January 4 at 9:30PM ET

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 40 , Dec 31, 2009

      brian_cirulnick wrote:
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:

      I'll stack Woz and Jobs against any of the lameass CEO's of the industry who just profit off the backs of engineers and destroys the company when they jump off in their golden parachutes.

      ---------------------

      I think Carly's ears just turned red...

      yea, that's not the only thing that would be turning red on her.

      </rant begin>
      Which proves my point, where ever you're employed, it's wise to keep an eye on the company's financial status. This is all public information on any financial website. You can view online anytime when the executives happen to exercise their hundreds of stock options. Guess what, something is bound to hit the fan the comings weeks at that company. Oh, so you think SEC would be wary of this, the same fools who never suspected Madoff.
      </rant end>

      here's a hint,
      when a multi-billion dollar corporation decides to give it's employees a supposedly wonderful huge stock option in lieu of a raise,
      starting updating your resume :)

      I strongly suggest any upcoming college grad to learn the ropes and be wary.

      =Dan
      http://www.midatlanticretro.org/

    • Ray Sills
      Message 40 of 40 , Jan 5 10:37 AM
        On Jan 5, 2010, at 11:30 AM, brian_cirulnick wrote:
        <snip>

        > And When Steve returned to Apple, and the iMac came out, he got
        > what he wanted -- the floppy was gone.

        </snip>

        BUT.... the electronics for it were part of the early iMac
        motherboards. Some early adopters easily hacked the machine and just
        ran some ribbon cable from the mother board out to an external
        floppy, and it would work just fine, thank you very much.

        I opted to get an outboard Imation "super disk", which would read and
        write to their proprietary 120 MB disk or standard high density 1.4
        MB floppies. The Imation drive used a USB connection. Still have it
        somewhere, along with a disk that contains tax programs and data.
        But the latest date on the disk is 1998, so I'm unlikely to have the
        IRS ask me to explain anything on a tax return that old. Most people
        can discard tax stuff more than 7 years old without worry.

        73 de Ray