Re: [midatlanticretro] Welcome to Macintosh on CNBC January 4 at 9:30PM ET

    Message 1 of 40 , Dec 30, 2009
      >>> "Make no mistake, this is film is about as independent as you can
      get. No studio, no bankroll, just two dedicated filmmakers and their
      credit cards. The result has been life-changing for the both of us,"
      Says Baca.

      "Independent" in the sense of "small-time production," perhaps .... but
      I'd like to know all about Mr. Baca and his colleagues .... is the movie
      a solid documentary, or a hagography? Probably the latter.
    • Ray Sills
      Message 40 of 40 , Jan 5, 2010
        On Jan 5, 2010, at 11:30 AM, brian_cirulnick wrote:
        <snip>

        > And When Steve returned to Apple, and the iMac came out, he got
        > what he wanted -- the floppy was gone.

        </snip>

        BUT.... the electronics for it were part of the early iMac
        motherboards. Some early adopters easily hacked the machine and just
        ran some ribbon cable from the mother board out to an external
        floppy, and it would work just fine, thank you very much.

        I opted to get an outboard Imation "super disk", which would read and
        write to their proprietary 120 MB disk or standard high density 1.4
        MB floppies. The Imation drive used a USB connection. Still have it
        somewhere, along with a disk that contains tax programs and data.
        But the latest date on the disk is 1998, so I'm unlikely to have the
        IRS ask me to explain anything on a tax return that old. Most people
        can discard tax stuff more than 7 years old without worry.

        73 de Ray