T6600C - Anybody Got One?

  • John S
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 21, 2009
      I'm trying to get my hands on a T6600C - there's one on eBay but I don't have the cash for that at the moment. I submitted a best offer of all the money I have on me at the moment on that one, but I doubt they'll accept. I found a message online about a guy in 2001 trying to find one a good home, so I emailed him and will call him tomorrow. Does anybody have one of these or think they can track one down? It can also be one of the variants, any T6600 series would make me quite happy.

      ~JS
    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 22, 2009
        Landon Dyer writes about what was going on at Atari around the time the ST was being created.

        http://www.dadhacker.com/blog/?p=995

        For people who were around during the Amiga/ST time, this is an interesting read
        _,___

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 24, 2009
          John,

          I have one (with a RAM upgrade) as part of my "unusual laptops"
          collection. I was planning to install OS/2 on it with networking using
          the ISA slot. This has been on that old back burner for too
          long, so if you are interested, make me an offer. I'm in New Milford, CT
          06776 to figure shipping or travel time to get the machine.

          Jim

          John S wrote:

          > I'm trying to get my hands on a T6600C - there's one on eBay but I
          > don't have the cash for that at the moment. I submitted a best offer
          > of all the money I have on me at the moment on that one, but I doubt
          > they'll accept. I found a message online about a guy in 2001 trying to
          > find one a good home, so I emailed him and will call him tomorrow.
          > Does anybody have one of these or think they can track one down? It
          > can also be one of the variants, any T6600 series would make me quite
          > happy.
          >
          > ~JS

        • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 25, 2009
            Jim Scheef <scheefj@...> writes:

            >John,
            >
            >I have one (with a RAM upgrade) as part of my "unusual laptops"
            >collection. I was planning to install OS/2 on it with networking using
            >the ISA slot. This has been on that old back burner for too long, so if
            >you are interested, make me an offer. I'm in New Milford, CT 06776 to
            >figure shipping or travel time to get the machine.

            Is this what you're talking about?

            http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=150398167800

            If so, my gawd what a beast. It reminds me of the monstrosity that was
            the Network General Ethernet sniffer -- built around a Compaq suitcase
            PC -- I once used when diagnosing network problems for our "Uncle Sam".

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 28, 2009
              Yes, and mine actually boots up and runs Windows.

              Jim

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 31, 2009
                One of the holy grails of HP portable collectors is on eBay at
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160390919540

                The asking price seems more than a little steep to me. The seller
                doesn't have the device driver or any HPIL cables (THE holy grail), but,
                nonetheless, there it is. I find it curious that people will keep things
                like HPIL devices but throw away the unique, proprietary cables needed
                to make them work.

                These are rare; I do not recall one on eBay in more than a year. So is
                this price exorbitant or merely pricey?