OT: Star Trek "blooper" found

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2009
      I was watching the STNG last episode (part 1 or 2) when I noticed a
      funny blooper at about 48min 30sec...Look for man in Riker's comms
      screen when he's talking to the captain. Notice the man's profile in
      that screen, you can barely notice, but it's "Price" from episode 21 of
      season 1, "arsenal of freedom". Check that episode at around 8 minutes
      30 seconds. Price was a doppleganger weapon, etc.

      I guess they needed a "younger" Riker but he gained too much weight and
      they had to use an old clip, but that was the best they had available.

      The name of my ship is the Lollipop.

      Has anyone ever noticed this before or did I discover a new blooper?

      Bill
    • Joe Giliberti

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 17, 2009

            > I was watching the STNG last episode (part 1 or 2) when I noticed a
            > funny blooper at about 48min 30sec...Look for man in Riker's comms
            > screen when he's talking to the captain. Notice the man's profile in
            > that screen, you can barely notice, but it's "Price" from episode 21 of
            > season 1, "arsenal of freedom". Check that episode at around 8 minutes
            > 30 seconds. Price was a doppleganger weapon, etc.

            Golly, continuity issues in Star Trek? No way!

            They were doing the best they could within the budget constraints -- it's not like now where you can computer generate a thinner John Frakes. It's not as bad as say, "Regula 1" in Wrath of Khan being the Space station model in ST:TMP just shot upside-down.