re: Paging IAN - apple iii power supply - revised

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 15, 2009
      Ian,
      I was incorrect about the problem with these power supplies. The top power
      supply blows fuses, and the bottom one had a square capacitor (or whatever
      it is) crack open a smoke out. Compare the upper-right sections of the two
      photos to see what I am talking about.

      Bill

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 15, 2009
        "Bill Degnan" <billdeg@...> writes:

        >Ian, I was incorrect about the problem with these power supplies. The
        >top power supply blows fuses, and the bottom one had a square capacitor
        >(or whatever it is) crack open a smoke out. Compare the upper-right
        >sections of the two photos to see what I am talking about.

        I can't quite make out the designation on that component in the upper
        photo. Can you get better clarity? Also, a photo of the under (foil)
        side. It looks like a small value cap if what I'm seeing is what I'm
        thinking it read. Being close to the power, that might just be a cap
        to filter noise from leaking back on the line. A look-see at the foil
        might help trace out its purpose.

        Do you have any similar working supplies?