Re: [midatlanticretro] Party is this weekend - who's going?

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 30 , Dec 8, 2009
      the way that brand is pronounced, when I hear ads on the radio for it, I think; "Is it made from pandas?"

      On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      > Should I bring my portable charcoal grill?
      Yes.
      > some yuengling beer
      Yes.

      I like the Black & Tan. :)

    • Joe Giliberti
      Message 2 of 30 , Dec 8, 2009
        He's my list of movies I have on my theater pc so far"

        Star Wars
        SW: Empire Strikes Back
        SW: Return of the Jedi
        Star Trek: The Motion Picture
        ST: The Wrath of Khan
        ST: The Search for Spock
        ST: The Voyage Home
        ST: The Final Frontier (If anyone wants to watch this, hell will break loose)
        ST: The Undiscovered Country
        ST: Generations
        ST: First Contact
        ST: Insurrection
        ST: Nemesis
        Star Trek (the new one)
        12 Angry Men
        WarGames
        2001: A Space Odyssey
        Dr. Strangelove
        The Andromeda Strain (1971)
        A Clockwork Orange
        Young Frankenstein
        Blazing Saddles
        History of the World, Part 1
        Airplane!
        Back to the Future
        Back to the Future II
        Back to the Future III
        Tron
        Sneakers
        Terminator 2
        Monty Python: The Meaning of Life
        Monty Python and The Holy Grail
        Monty Python: Life of Brian
        THX-1138
        Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
        Animal House
        The Abyss
        and a few others I'm working on

        On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Joe Giliberti <starbase89@...> wrote:
        the way that brand is pronounced, when I hear ads on the radio for it, I think; "Is it made from pandas?"

        On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

        > Should I bring my portable charcoal grill?
        Yes.
        > some yuengling beer
        Yes.

        I like the Black & Tan. :)

        Message 3 of 30 , Dec 8, 2009
          > Sound off!
          >
          > Andy Meyer

          bernieS is coming. He may bring some of the 8-bit music people.

          Mouser told me he's driving down with Ian.
        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 30 , Dec 8, 2009
            On Tue, 8 Dec 2009, Joe Giliberti wrote:

            > He's my list of movies I have on my theater pc so far"
            > and a few others I'm working on

            Don't forget:

            Colossus: The Forbin Project
            Forbidden Planet
            The Manhattan Project
            Robin Hood: Men in Tights
            War of the Worlds (original)
          • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
            Message 5 of 30 , Dec 8, 2009
              Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...> writes:

              >He's my list of movies I have on my theater pc so far"
              >
              >Star Wars SW: Empire Strikes Back SW: Return of the Jedi Star Trek: The
              >Motion Picture ST: The Wrath of Khan ST: The Search for Spock ST: The
              >Voyage Home ST: The Final Frontier (If anyone wants to watch this, hell
              >will break loose) ST: The Undiscovered Country ST: Generations ST: First
              >Contact ST: Insurrection ST: Nemesis Star Trek (the new one) 12 Angry
              >Men WarGames 2001: A Space Odyssey Dr. Strangelove The Andromeda Strain
              >(1971) A Clockwork Orange Young Frankenstein Blazing Saddles History of
              >the World, Part 1 Airplane! Back to the Future Back to the Future II
              >Back to the Future III Tron Sneakers Terminator 2 Monty Python: The
              >Meaning of Life Monty Python and The Holy Grail Monty Python: Life of
              >Brian THX-1138 Attack of the Killer Tomatoes Animal House The Abyss and
              >a few others I'm working on

              Oh gawd. Star Trek and Star Wars. I've never seen Star Wars past the
              point where the trash bin on wheels starts beeping. It's too stupid
              for celluloid.

              However, the Kubrick, Brooks and MP redeem you. ;)

              I'd show up just to see "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" again. You need
              "The Toxic Avenger" for a proper cult-flick double-feature.

              How about "Colossus: The Forbin Project"? It's a Sci-Fi & Computer film.

            • Joe Giliberti
              Message 6 of 30 , Dec 8, 2009
                good suggestions
                I wiil....work....on these. I'm also trying to pull Three Days of the Condor, which, aside from being a good movie, had some good shots of a PDP-8 system

                Message 7 of 30 , Dec 8, 2009
                  Star Trek was good before it blew up in the mid 90's after TNG, though the newest movie is also good

                  On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Joe Giliberti <starbase89@...> wrote:
                  good suggestions
                  I wiil....work....on these. I'm also trying to pull Three Days of the Condor, which, aside from being a good movie, had some good shots of a PDP-8 system

                  On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- <VAXman@...> wrote:

                  Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...> writes:

                  >He's my list of movies I have on my theater pc so far"
                  >
                  >Star Wars SW: Empire Strikes Back SW: Return of the Jedi Star Trek: The
                  >Motion Picture ST: The Wrath of Khan ST: The Search for Spock ST: The
                  >Voyage Home ST: The Final Frontier (If anyone wants to watch this, hell
                  >will break loose) ST: The Undiscovered Country ST: Generations ST: First
                  >Contact ST: Insurrection ST: Nemesis Star Trek (the new one) 12 Angry
                  >Men WarGames 2001: A Space Odyssey Dr. Strangelove The Andromeda Strain
                  >(1971) A Clockwork Orange Young Frankenstein Blazing Saddles History of
                  >the World, Part 1 Airplane! Back to the Future Back to the Future II
                  >Back to the Future III Tron Sneakers Terminator 2 Monty Python: The
                  >Meaning of Life Monty Python and The Holy Grail Monty Python: Life of
                  >Brian THX-1138 Attack of the Killer Tomatoes Animal House The Abyss and

                  >a few others I'm working on

                  Oh gawd. Star Trek and Star Wars. I've never seen Star Wars past the
                  point where the trash bin on wheels starts beeping. It's too stupid
                  for celluloid.

                  However, the Kubrick, Brooks and MP redeem you. ;)

                  I'd show up just to see "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" again. You need
                  "The Toxic Avenger" for a proper cult-flick double-feature.

                  How about "Colossus: The Forbin Project"? It's a Sci-Fi & Computer film.

                • Jeffrey Frady
                  Message 8 of 30 , Dec 8, 2009
                    I'll be going.

                    -Jeff Frady

                    On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 5:01 PM, Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...> wrote:

                    Star Trek was good before it blew up in the mid 90's after TNG, though the newest movie is also good

                    On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Joe Giliberti <starbase89@...> wrote:
                    good suggestions
                    I wiil....work....on these. I'm also trying to pull Three Days of the Condor, which, aside from being a good movie, had some good shots of a PDP-8 system

                    On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- <VAXman@...> wrote:

                    Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...> writes:

                    >He's my list of movies I have on my theater pc so far"
                    >
                    >Star Wars SW: Empire Strikes Back SW: Return of the Jedi Star Trek: The
                    >Motion Picture ST: The Wrath of Khan ST: The Search for Spock ST: The
                    >Voyage Home ST: The Final Frontier (If anyone wants to watch this, hell
                    >will break loose) ST: The Undiscovered Country ST: Generations ST: First
                    >Contact ST: Insurrection ST: Nemesis Star Trek (the new one) 12 Angry
                    >Men WarGames 2001: A Space Odyssey Dr. Strangelove The Andromeda Strain
                    >(1971) A Clockwork Orange Young Frankenstein Blazing Saddles History of
                    >the World, Part 1 Airplane! Back to the Future Back to the Future II
                    >Back to the Future III Tron Sneakers Terminator 2 Monty Python: The
                    >Meaning of Life Monty Python and The Holy Grail Monty Python: Life of
                    >Brian THX-1138 Attack of the Killer Tomatoes Animal House The Abyss and

                    >a few others I'm working on

                    Oh gawd. Star Trek and Star Wars. I've never seen Star Wars past the
                    point where the trash bin on wheels starts beeping. It's too stupid
                    for celluloid.

                    However, the Kubrick, Brooks and MP redeem you. ;)

                    I'd show up just to see "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" again. You need
                    "The Toxic Avenger" for a proper cult-flick double-feature.

                    How about "Colossus: The Forbin Project"? It's a Sci-Fi & Computer film.

                    See you space cowboy...
                  • Matt Patoray
                    Message 9 of 30 , Dec 8, 2009
                      UHF is another good one, Tron would be good as well. Amadeus woud be a good drama.

                      Wish I could be there but i'm stuck in snowy Northeast Ohio :(

                      Matt

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      --
                      VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker VAXman(at)TMESIS( dot)COM

                    • Joe Giliberti
                      Message 10 of 30 , Dec 8, 2009
                        Colussus is down! Robin Hood is down!

                        On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 5:38 PM, Jeffrey Frady <Legodude522@...> wrote:

                        I'll be going.

                        -Jeff Frady

                        On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 5:01 PM, Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...> wrote:

                        Star Trek was good before it blew up in the mid 90's after TNG, though the newest movie is also good

                        On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Joe Giliberti <starbase89@...> wrote:
                        good suggestions
                        I wiil....work....on these. I'm also trying to pull Three Days of the Condor, which, aside from being a good movie, had some good shots of a PDP-8 system

                        On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- <VAXman@...> wrote:

                        Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...> writes:

                        >He's my list of movies I have on my theater pc so far"
                        >
                        >Star Wars SW: Empire Strikes Back SW: Return of the Jedi Star Trek: The
                        >Motion Picture ST: The Wrath of Khan ST: The Search for Spock ST: The
                        >Voyage Home ST: The Final Frontier (If anyone wants to watch this, hell
                        >will break loose) ST: The Undiscovered Country ST: Generations ST: First
                        >Contact ST: Insurrection ST: Nemesis Star Trek (the new one) 12 Angry
                        >Men WarGames 2001: A Space Odyssey Dr. Strangelove The Andromeda Strain
                        >(1971) A Clockwork Orange Young Frankenstein Blazing Saddles History of
                        >the World, Part 1 Airplane! Back to the Future Back to the Future II
                        >Back to the Future III Tron Sneakers Terminator 2 Monty Python: The
                        >Meaning of Life Monty Python and The Holy Grail Monty Python: Life of
                        >Brian THX-1138 Attack of the Killer Tomatoes Animal House The Abyss and

                        >a few others I'm working on

                        Oh gawd. Star Trek and Star Wars. I've never seen Star Wars past the
                        point where the trash bin on wheels starts beeping. It's too stupid
                        for celluloid.

                        However, the Kubrick, Brooks and MP redeem you. ;)

                        I'd show up just to see "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" again. You need
                        "The Toxic Avenger" for a proper cult-flick double-feature.

                        How about "Colossus: The Forbin Project"? It's a Sci-Fi & Computer film.

                        See you space cowboy...

                      • Dan Roganti
                        Message 11 of 30 , Dec 9, 2009
                          Mike Loewen wrote:
                          On Tue, 8 Dec 2009, Joe Giliberti wrote:

                          He's my list of movies I have on my theater pc so far"
                          and a few others I'm working on

                              Don't forget:

                          Colossus: The Forbin Project
                          Forbidden Planet
                          The Manhattan Project
                          Robin Hood: Men in Tights
                          War of the Worlds (original)

                          Those are some good ones.
                          Here's a few others that should be in your Library:
                              When Worlds Collide ('51)
                              Them ('54)
                              Silent Running ('71)
                              Solaris ('72-original)
                              The Terminal Man ('74)
                              Wizards ('79)
                              Blade Runner ('82)
                              Riders of the Storm ('86)
                              The Lawnmower Man('92)

                          =Dan
                          --
                          http://home.comcast.net/~ragooman/
                          http://www.midatlanticretro.org/

                        • Jeffrey Brace
                          Message 12 of 30 , Dec 9, 2009
                            Ok. I will be bringing my portable charcoal grill. Also I bought 24 angus beef patties, buns, pickels, ketchup, cheese. Do we need plates or are there any leftover from the spring party ?
                          • Joe Giliberti
                            Message 13 of 30 , Dec 9, 2009
                              The estimated temperature for saturday night is 35 degrees. Too cold to grill, I think

                            • jaj@totallyamused.com
                              Message 14 of 30 , Dec 9, 2009
                                Amateur! :)

                                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                From: Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...>
                                Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 19:40:39 -0500
                                To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
                                Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Party is this weekend - who's going?

                                Message 15 of 30 , Dec 9, 2009
                                  My thoughts exactly.  I tailgate at Giants games in MUCH colder temperatures than that .... at night .... in the snow and wind!

                                  Amateur! :)

                                  Message 16 of 30 , Dec 9, 2009
                                    Lets turn the TIROS dish into a giant fire pit

                                    On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 8:11 PM, <jaj@...> wrote:

                                    Amateur! :)

                                    Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                      Message 18 of 30 , Dec 9, 2009
                                        Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...> writes:

                                        >The estimated temperature for saturday night is 35 degrees. Too cold to
                                        >grill, I think

                                        Stand closer to the grill. ;)

                                      • Joe Giliberti
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Dec 9, 2009
                                          I wasn't talking for the griller's comfort, but for the extremely long time it will take to cook the burgers.

                                          On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 10:20 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- <VAXman@...> wrote:

                                          Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...> writes:

                                          >The estimated temperature for saturday night is 35 degrees. Too cold to
                                          >grill, I think

                                          Stand closer to the grill. ;)

                                        • Dan Roganti
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Dec 9, 2009
                                            Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
                                            Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...> writes:

                                            The estimated temperature for saturday night is 35 degrees. Too cold to
                                            grill, I think

                                            Stand closer to the grill. ;)

                                            Get your own warmers, they run off the usb power now.
                                            They use the new low power carbon fiber elements.
                                            http://tinyurl.com/yeu4x7a

                                            =Dan