Re: [midatlanticretro] Party is this weekend - who's going?

    Message 1 of 30 , Dec 8, 2009
      > Should I bring my portable charcoal grill?
      Yes.
      > some yuengling beer
      Yes.

      I like the Black & Tan. :)
    • Joe Giliberti
      Message 2 of 30 , Dec 8, 2009
        the way that brand is pronounced, when I hear ads on the radio for it, I think; "Is it made from pandas?"

        On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

        > Should I bring my portable charcoal grill?
        Yes.
        > some yuengling beer
        Yes.

        I like the Black & Tan. :)

      • Joe Giliberti
        Message 3 of 30 , Dec 8, 2009
          He's my list of movies I have on my theater pc so far"

          Star Wars
          SW: Empire Strikes Back
          SW: Return of the Jedi
          Star Trek: The Motion Picture
          ST: The Wrath of Khan
          ST: The Search for Spock
          ST: The Voyage Home
          ST: The Final Frontier (If anyone wants to watch this, hell will break loose)
          ST: The Undiscovered Country
          ST: Generations
          ST: First Contact
          ST: Insurrection
          ST: Nemesis
          Star Trek (the new one)
          12 Angry Men
          WarGames
          2001: A Space Odyssey
          Dr. Strangelove
          The Andromeda Strain (1971)
          A Clockwork Orange
          Young Frankenstein
          Blazing Saddles
          History of the World, Part 1
          Airplane!
          Back to the Future
          Back to the Future II
          Back to the Future III
          Tron
          Sneakers
          Terminator 2
          Monty Python: The Meaning of Life
          Monty Python and The Holy Grail
          Monty Python: Life of Brian
          THX-1138
          Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
          Animal House
          The Abyss
          and a few others I'm working on

          On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Joe Giliberti <starbase89@...> wrote:
          the way that brand is pronounced, when I hear ads on the radio for it, I think; "Is it made from pandas?"

          On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

          > Should I bring my portable charcoal grill?
          Yes.
          > some yuengling beer
          Yes.

          I like the Black & Tan. :)

          Message 4 of 30 , Dec 8, 2009
            > Sound off!
            >
            > Andy Meyer

            bernieS is coming. He may bring some of the 8-bit music people.

            Mouser told me he's driving down with Ian.
          • Mike Loewen
            Message 5 of 30 , Dec 8, 2009
              On Tue, 8 Dec 2009, Joe Giliberti wrote:

              > He's my list of movies I have on my theater pc so far"
              > and a few others I'm working on

              Don't forget:

              Colossus: The Forbin Project
              Forbidden Planet
              The Manhattan Project
              Robin Hood: Men in Tights
              War of the Worlds (original)
            • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
              Message 6 of 30 , Dec 8, 2009
                Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...> writes:

                >He's my list of movies I have on my theater pc so far"
                >
                >Star Wars SW: Empire Strikes Back SW: Return of the Jedi Star Trek: The
                >Motion Picture ST: The Wrath of Khan ST: The Search for Spock ST: The
                >Voyage Home ST: The Final Frontier (If anyone wants to watch this, hell
                >will break loose) ST: The Undiscovered Country ST: Generations ST: First
                >Contact ST: Insurrection ST: Nemesis Star Trek (the new one) 12 Angry
                >Men WarGames 2001: A Space Odyssey Dr. Strangelove The Andromeda Strain
                >(1971) A Clockwork Orange Young Frankenstein Blazing Saddles History of
                >the World, Part 1 Airplane! Back to the Future Back to the Future II
                >Back to the Future III Tron Sneakers Terminator 2 Monty Python: The
                >Meaning of Life Monty Python and The Holy Grail Monty Python: Life of
                >Brian THX-1138 Attack of the Killer Tomatoes Animal House The Abyss and
                >a few others I'm working on

                Oh gawd. Star Trek and Star Wars. I've never seen Star Wars past the
                point where the trash bin on wheels starts beeping. It's too stupid
                for celluloid.

                However, the Kubrick, Brooks and MP redeem you. ;)

                I'd show up just to see "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" again. You need
                "The Toxic Avenger" for a proper cult-flick double-feature.

                How about "Colossus: The Forbin Project"? It's a Sci-Fi & Computer film.

              • Joe Giliberti
                Message 7 of 30 , Dec 8, 2009
                  good suggestions
                  I wiil....work....on these. I'm also trying to pull Three Days of the Condor, which, aside from being a good movie, had some good shots of a PDP-8 system

                  Message 8 of 30 , Dec 8, 2009
                    Star Trek was good before it blew up in the mid 90's after TNG, though the newest movie is also good

                    On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Joe Giliberti <starbase89@...> wrote:
                    good suggestions
                    I wiil....work....on these. I'm also trying to pull Three Days of the Condor, which, aside from being a good movie, had some good shots of a PDP-8 system

                    On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- <VAXman@...> wrote:

                    Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...> writes:

                    >He's my list of movies I have on my theater pc so far"
                    >
                    >Star Wars SW: Empire Strikes Back SW: Return of the Jedi Star Trek: The
                    >Motion Picture ST: The Wrath of Khan ST: The Search for Spock ST: The
                    >Voyage Home ST: The Final Frontier (If anyone wants to watch this, hell
                    >will break loose) ST: The Undiscovered Country ST: Generations ST: First
                    >Contact ST: Insurrection ST: Nemesis Star Trek (the new one) 12 Angry
                    >Men WarGames 2001: A Space Odyssey Dr. Strangelove The Andromeda Strain
                    >(1971) A Clockwork Orange Young Frankenstein Blazing Saddles History of
                    >the World, Part 1 Airplane! Back to the Future Back to the Future II
                    >Back to the Future III Tron Sneakers Terminator 2 Monty Python: The
                    >Meaning of Life Monty Python and The Holy Grail Monty Python: Life of
                    >Brian THX-1138 Attack of the Killer Tomatoes Animal House The Abyss and

                    >a few others I'm working on

                    Oh gawd. Star Trek and Star Wars. I've never seen Star Wars past the
                    point where the trash bin on wheels starts beeping. It's too stupid
                    for celluloid.

                    However, the Kubrick, Brooks and MP redeem you. ;)

                    I'd show up just to see "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" again. You need
                    "The Toxic Avenger" for a proper cult-flick double-feature.

                    How about "Colossus: The Forbin Project"? It's a Sci-Fi & Computer film.

                  • Jeffrey Frady
                    Message 9 of 30 , Dec 8, 2009
                      I'll be going.

                      -Jeff Frady

                      On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 5:01 PM, Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...> wrote:

                      Star Trek was good before it blew up in the mid 90's after TNG, though the newest movie is also good

                      On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Joe Giliberti <starbase89@...> wrote:
                      good suggestions
                      I wiil....work....on these. I'm also trying to pull Three Days of the Condor, which, aside from being a good movie, had some good shots of a PDP-8 system

                      On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- <VAXman@...> wrote:

                      Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...> writes:

                      >He's my list of movies I have on my theater pc so far"
                      >
                      >Star Wars SW: Empire Strikes Back SW: Return of the Jedi Star Trek: The
                      >Motion Picture ST: The Wrath of Khan ST: The Search for Spock ST: The
                      >Voyage Home ST: The Final Frontier (If anyone wants to watch this, hell
                      >will break loose) ST: The Undiscovered Country ST: Generations ST: First
                      >Contact ST: Insurrection ST: Nemesis Star Trek (the new one) 12 Angry
                      >Men WarGames 2001: A Space Odyssey Dr. Strangelove The Andromeda Strain
                      >(1971) A Clockwork Orange Young Frankenstein Blazing Saddles History of
                      >the World, Part 1 Airplane! Back to the Future Back to the Future II
                      >Back to the Future III Tron Sneakers Terminator 2 Monty Python: The
                      >Meaning of Life Monty Python and The Holy Grail Monty Python: Life of
                      >Brian THX-1138 Attack of the Killer Tomatoes Animal House The Abyss and

                      >a few others I'm working on

                      Oh gawd. Star Trek and Star Wars. I've never seen Star Wars past the
                      point where the trash bin on wheels starts beeping. It's too stupid
                      for celluloid.

                      However, the Kubrick, Brooks and MP redeem you. ;)

                      I'd show up just to see "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" again. You need
                      "The Toxic Avenger" for a proper cult-flick double-feature.

                      How about "Colossus: The Forbin Project"? It's a Sci-Fi & Computer film.

                      See you space cowboy...
                    • Matt Patoray
                      Message 10 of 30 , Dec 8, 2009
                        UHF is another good one, Tron would be good as well. Amadeus woud be a good drama.

                        Wish I could be there but i'm stuck in snowy Northeast Ohio :(

                        Matt

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        --
                        VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker VAXman(at)TMESIS( dot)COM

                      • Joe Giliberti
                        Message 11 of 30 , Dec 8, 2009
                          Colussus is down! Robin Hood is down!

                          On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 5:38 PM, Jeffrey Frady <Legodude522@...> wrote:

                          I'll be going.

                          -Jeff Frady

                          On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 5:01 PM, Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...> wrote:

                          Star Trek was good before it blew up in the mid 90's after TNG, though the newest movie is also good

                          On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Joe Giliberti <starbase89@...> wrote:
                          good suggestions
                          I wiil....work....on these. I'm also trying to pull Three Days of the Condor, which, aside from being a good movie, had some good shots of a PDP-8 system

                          On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- <VAXman@...> wrote:

                          Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...> writes:

                          >He's my list of movies I have on my theater pc so far"
                          >
                          >Star Wars SW: Empire Strikes Back SW: Return of the Jedi Star Trek: The
                          >Motion Picture ST: The Wrath of Khan ST: The Search for Spock ST: The
                          >Voyage Home ST: The Final Frontier (If anyone wants to watch this, hell
                          >will break loose) ST: The Undiscovered Country ST: Generations ST: First
                          >Contact ST: Insurrection ST: Nemesis Star Trek (the new one) 12 Angry
                          >Men WarGames 2001: A Space Odyssey Dr. Strangelove The Andromeda Strain
                          >(1971) A Clockwork Orange Young Frankenstein Blazing Saddles History of
                          >the World, Part 1 Airplane! Back to the Future Back to the Future II
                          >Back to the Future III Tron Sneakers Terminator 2 Monty Python: The
                          >Meaning of Life Monty Python and The Holy Grail Monty Python: Life of
                          >Brian THX-1138 Attack of the Killer Tomatoes Animal House The Abyss and

                          >a few others I'm working on

                          Oh gawd. Star Trek and Star Wars. I've never seen Star Wars past the
                          point where the trash bin on wheels starts beeping. It's too stupid
                          for celluloid.

                          However, the Kubrick, Brooks and MP redeem you. ;)

                          I'd show up just to see "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" again. You need
                          "The Toxic Avenger" for a proper cult-flick double-feature.

                          How about "Colossus: The Forbin Project"? It's a Sci-Fi & Computer film.

                          See you space cowboy...

                        • Dan Roganti
                          Message 12 of 30 , Dec 9, 2009
                            Mike Loewen wrote:
                            On Tue, 8 Dec 2009, Joe Giliberti wrote:

                            He's my list of movies I have on my theater pc so far"
                            and a few others I'm working on

                                Don't forget:

                            Colossus: The Forbin Project
                            Forbidden Planet
                            The Manhattan Project
                            Robin Hood: Men in Tights
                            War of the Worlds (original)

                            Those are some good ones.
                            Here's a few others that should be in your Library:
                                When Worlds Collide ('51)
                                Them ('54)
                                Silent Running ('71)
                                Solaris ('72-original)
                                The Terminal Man ('74)
                                Wizards ('79)
                                Blade Runner ('82)
                                Riders of the Storm ('86)
                                The Lawnmower Man('92)

                            =Dan
                            --
                            http://home.comcast.net/~ragooman/
                            http://www.midatlanticretro.org/

                          • Jeffrey Brace
                            Message 13 of 30 , Dec 9, 2009
                              Ok. I will be bringing my portable charcoal grill. Also I bought 24 angus beef patties, buns, pickels, ketchup, cheese. Do we need plates or are there any leftover from the spring party ?
                            • Joe Giliberti
                              Message 14 of 30 , Dec 9, 2009
                                The estimated temperature for saturday night is 35 degrees. Too cold to grill, I think

                              • jaj@totallyamused.com
                                Message 15 of 30 , Dec 9, 2009
                                  Amateur! :)

                                  Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                  From: Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...>
                                  Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 19:40:39 -0500
                                  To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
                                  Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Party is this weekend - who's going?

                                  Message 16 of 30 , Dec 9, 2009
                                    My thoughts exactly.  I tailgate at Giants games in MUCH colder temperatures than that .... at night .... in the snow and wind!

                                    Amateur! :)

                                    Message 17 of 30 , Dec 9, 2009
                                      Lets turn the TIROS dish into a giant fire pit

                                      On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 8:11 PM, <jaj@...> wrote:

                                      Amateur! :)

                                      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                        Message 19 of 30 , Dec 9, 2009
                                          Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...> writes:

                                          >The estimated temperature for saturday night is 35 degrees. Too cold to
                                          >grill, I think

                                          Stand closer to the grill. ;)

                                        • Joe Giliberti
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Dec 9, 2009
                                            I wasn't talking for the griller's comfort, but for the extremely long time it will take to cook the burgers.

                                            On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 10:20 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- <VAXman@...> wrote:

                                            Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...> writes:

                                            >The estimated temperature for saturday night is 35 degrees. Too cold to
                                            >grill, I think

                                            Stand closer to the grill. ;)

                                          • Dan Roganti
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Dec 9, 2009
                                              Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
                                              Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...> writes:

                                              The estimated temperature for saturday night is 35 degrees. Too cold to
                                              grill, I think

                                              Stand closer to the grill. ;)

                                              Get your own warmers, they run off the usb power now.
                                              They use the new low power carbon fiber elements.
                                              http://tinyurl.com/yeu4x7a

                                              =Dan