re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Insurance

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2009
      > I have a rider on my homeowner's policy that covers my musical
      > instruments, both at home and while gigging, but nothing specifically for

      > my vintage computers. Setting a value on my horns was easy, but how do
      > you put values on your vintage systems? I obviously have an inventory
      > (web site) with pictures, but very few receipts. Not that purchase price

      > has anything to do with value or replacement cost. How did you approach

      > it?

      Reimbursement based on replacement cost. I would have to get an estimate
      from "experts" or museums, but I have 50+% of my inventory documented on my
      web site. Frankly it's a hard thing to really even think about, no money
      is worth the time put into these things, plus the loss of so many
      one-of-a-kind things would be heart breaking. This is why it's so
      important to keep responsible track of everything.

      I am so glad to hear Claude is OK, and ultimately human life is most
      important, but the loss of that Burroughs 205 is painful to think about.