Re: [midatlanticretro] Anyone come across a video converter that handles RF to Composite video ?

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2009
      Ray Sills wrote:
      Hi Dan:

      Essentially, RF to composite is a TV set.  Or a tuner, at least.
      Your use of a VCR is probably the easiest way to do the job.
      I've never seen a stand-alone gadget that would do what you want.  In
      part.. you'd have to select the RF frequency (channel) on the input
      side.. so by definition, that's a tuner.  Nobody sells stand-alone
      tuners anymore.  Except, of course, those digital TV converter
      boxes.  But, they are designed to receive digital TV RF signals
      (only) and convert them to analog for people who don't want to buy a
      new TV.

      I was hoping to save space on my shelf by replacing the VCR.
      And have the option of connecting to a projector whenever I want via the comp.video output.

      There was this place but it's discontinued, for $70, a bit on the high side.
      http://www.svideo.com/demodulator.html

      Then I found this place, but they want $100,
      http://www.electronicplus.com/content/ProductPage.asp?maincat=RF&subcat=RVC

      I might as well gut the VCR mechanics and stuff the circuit boards into a smaller box and call it a day.

      =Dan

      --
      http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/
      http://www.midatlanticretro.org/