Theory of relativity, sort of

  • evan@snarc.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 2, 2009
      I'm on a train to Belmar right now because my car isn't running (no, I don't want to talk about it) and I haven't been to Infoage in three weeks. Need my museum fix! Anyway: dude sitting across from me is bitching to his friend about his "friggin' ancient" laptop.

      It's a Dell, running Vista.

      Oy!
    • Joe Giliberti
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 2, 2009
        Vista isn't ancient, its archaic, as it reminds us of Windows ME so much

        On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 4:19 PM, <evan@...> wrote:

        I'm on a train to Belmar right now because my car isn't running (no, I don't want to talk about it) and I haven't been to Infoage in three weeks. Need my museum fix! Anyway: dude sitting across from me is bitching to his friend about his "friggin' ancient" laptop.

        It's a Dell, running Vista.

        Oy!

      • brian_cirulnick
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 2, 2009

          > I'm on a train to Belmar right now because my car isn't running (no, I don't want to talk about it) and I haven't been to Infoage in three weeks. Need my museum fix! Anyway: dude sitting across from me is bitching to his friend about his "friggin' ancient" laptop.
          >
          > It's a Dell, running Vista.
          >
          > Oy!
          > -------------

          You would have loved the meeting I was at years ago for an industrial video to train Pfizer staff to use MS Outlook. Everyone pulled out their (at the time modern Pentium II) laptops, I pulled out my Toshiba T-1000se ....

          And mine booted up faster.
        • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 2, 2009
            Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...> writes:

            >Vista isn't ancient, its archaic, as it reminds us of Windows ME so much

            It's all crap if it has the Red, Yellow, Green and Blue swastika!

            On black Friday at 5:00, I ventured to the local Best Buys. I picked up
            an ASUS Eee PC (1005HA) for my 10 year old for Christmas. I brought it
            home and wiped out the commercial virus that was loaded on it and instal-
            led Ubuntu on it. Works great! My 10 year old will be smiling brightly
            on Christmas morn when he will have his own 'puter and won't have to use
            one of his older brothers' 'puters. I'm trying to figure out how to get
            the college boys discounted Macs (college educational discounts) without
            them actually having to buy them... but I digress.

          • evan@snarc.net
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 2, 2009
              >>> I picked up an ASUS Eee PC (1005HA)

              Bought that same model a few months ago for my mother. Now my sister-in-law is getting the same one. They both like it.
            • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 2, 2009
                Evan writes...

                >Bought that same model a few months ago for my mother. Now my sister-in-law is getting the same one. They both like it.

                ...and you put linux on them too?

                BTW, your emails are the only ones that trip up my emailer when I want to
                reply. What are you using?

              • evan@snarc.net
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 2, 2009
                  >>> ...and you put linux on them too?

                  No, they both are virus types. :(

                  >>> BTW, your emails are the only ones that trip up my emailer when I want to reply. What are you using?

                  At home I use Thunderbird. Today I've been on my Blackberry all day.
                • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 2, 2009
                    Evan writes...

                    http://tinyurl.com/ya4jwk6

                    >At home I use Thunderbird. Today I've been on my Blackberry all day.

                    That might explain it as I've not had the problem before with your emails.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 3, 2009
                      Vista is the DOS 4 of Windows.

                      Jim

                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 3, 2009
                        I see your point.  does that mean win 7 = dos 5?  5 was probably the last best MS DOS

                        Jim Scheef wrote:
                        Vista is the DOS 4 of Windows.

                        Jim

                        <mailto:evan@...>> wrote:

                            I'm on a train to Belmar right now because my car isn't running
                            (no, I don't want to talk about it) and I haven't been to Infoage
                            in three weeks. Need my museum fix! Anyway: dude sitting across
                            from me is bitching to his friend about his "friggin' ancient" laptop.

                            It's a Dell, running Vista.

                            Oy!

                        <*> Your email settings:
                            Individual Email | Traditional