Re: [midatlanticretro] Holiday Party

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
      sounds like my grandmother

      On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 12:52 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      can we get a demo of the 11/05 please? :)
      Yes. Bill worked on both of ours.  One runs great.  The other runs but has memory issues.

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
        Joe Giliberti wrote:
        can we get a demo of the 11/05 please? :)

        Sure, it's really nice.  Both work, but only one has a functioning core memory.  If anyone has a spare core (or newer memory) I can install it.  It has to be 11/05 short-height version compatible.  Maybe if we check around in the boxes there will be a spare core memory we can use.
        Bill
      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
          B Degnan wrote:
          Hi - I am starting to run out of working non-IBM branded full height diskette drives.  I am therefore looking for these, any make or model will do, but Tandon's are preferred.

          One of the activities I had in mind for the upcoming workshops next year was to have a marathon session on repairing floppy drives, preferably the older ones for S-100 systems, since they are getting scarce, and both 5-1/4" and 8" drives. I have a few myself that need to get rebuilt, as I like to get a 3 or 4 disk system up and running sometime. So over the winter, I was going to prepare a checklist, test equipment, parts and tools to help streamline the process for a future vintage computer workshop.

          =Dan

          --
          http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/
          http://www.midatlanticretro.org/

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 3, 2009
            Dan,

            This is a great idea.

            Jim

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 31 1:57 PM
              A few public (and private) emails had led me to this -- let's just have our holiday party, but if people want to bring stuff to work on, that's fine too.

              We'll collect $10 from all attendees. BUT, that money will go to InfoAge -- as it was supposed to last time -- somehow it wound up being spent on food.

              The party weekend is potluck, except for Saturday night, when MARCH will cover burgers and stuff.

              Please mark your calendars.