Re: [midatlanticretro] Holiday Party

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009

      can we get a demo of the 11/05 please? :)
      Yes. Bill worked on both of ours.  One runs great.  The other runs but has memory issues.
    • Joe Giliberti
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
        sounds like my grandmother

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
          Joe Giliberti wrote:
          can we get a demo of the 11/05 please? :)

          Sure, it's really nice.  Both work, but only one has a functioning core memory.  If anyone has a spare core (or newer memory) I can install it.  It has to be 11/05 short-height version compatible.  Maybe if we check around in the boxes there will be a spare core memory we can use.
          Bill
        • Dan Roganti
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
            B Degnan wrote:
            Hi - I am starting to run out of working non-IBM branded full height diskette drives.  I am therefore looking for these, any make or model will do, but Tandon's are preferred.

            One of the activities I had in mind for the upcoming workshops next year was to have a marathon session on repairing floppy drives, preferably the older ones for S-100 systems, since they are getting scarce, and both 5-1/4" and 8" drives. I have a few myself that need to get rebuilt, as I like to get a 3 or 4 disk system up and running sometime. So over the winter, I was going to prepare a checklist, test equipment, parts and tools to help streamline the process for a future vintage computer workshop.

            =Dan

            --
            http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/
            http://www.midatlanticretro.org/

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 3, 2009
              Dan,

              This is a great idea.

              Jim

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 31, 2012
                A few public (and private) emails had led me to this -- let's just have our holiday party, but if people want to bring stuff to work on, that's fine too.

                We'll collect $10 from all attendees. BUT, that money will go to InfoAge -- as it was supposed to last time -- somehow it wound up being spent on food.

                The party weekend is potluck, except for Saturday night, when MARCH will cover burgers and stuff.

                Please mark your calendars.