Re: [midatlanticretro] message archive

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
      Evan Koblentz wrote:
      > Does anyone, other than me, keep ALL of the list messages .... going
      > back to the beginning?
      >
      > Yahoo has virtually no reporting tools. I'd like to know, for example,
      > who the top 10 posters are.
      >
      > Not counting * this * message, the MARCH folder in my inbox contains
      > 16,232 messages (about 1,000 more than are in our group archive.) Some
      > of those are non-list messages that got jumbled in because of filtering
      > rules. And a few are from before MARCH even had a listserv at all.
      >
      > Of the 16,232, it seems 3,601 are from me -- just over 22%.
      >
      > I'm too lazy to check everyone else. Spots 2-10 could be anyone.
      >
      > It makes no difference; I was just wondering.

      I am sure that I am in the top 10
      bd
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
        >> Spots 2-10 could be anyone.
        >> It makes no difference; I was just wondering.
        >>
        > I am sure that I am in the top 10
        > bd

        Probably top two or three.
      • Joe Giliberti
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
          I have every march message since I switched to gmail.
          I'm in the top 25, I'd bet

          On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 11:21 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

          >> Spots 2-10 could be anyone.
          >> It makes no difference; I was just wondering.
          >>
          > I am sure that I am in the top 10
          > bd

          Probably top two or three.

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009

            I have every march message since I switched to gmail.
            I'm in the top 25, I'd bet
            I'm guessing higher.  You've been here a while and sneak in a lot of messages when everyone else is sleeping!

            Hmmm, perhaps I can export my folder into a .csv file .... it would still some margin of error because of the aforementioned non-list messages that snuck in, but it would be a pretty close estimate.

            The real backbreaker is that many of us post using assorted email addresses, so it's not a simple matter of sorting the messages by name.
          • Joe Giliberti

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 2, 2009
                From: "B Degnan" <billdeg@...>

                I am sure that I am in the top 10