message archive

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
      Does anyone, other than me, keep ALL of the list messages .... going
      back to the beginning?

      Yahoo has virtually no reporting tools. I'd like to know, for example,
      who the top 10 posters are.

      Not counting * this * message, the MARCH folder in my inbox contains
      16,232 messages (about 1,000 more than are in our group archive.) Some
      of those are non-list messages that got jumbled in because of filtering
      rules. And a few are from before MARCH even had a listserv at all.

      Of the 16,232, it seems 3,601 are from me -- just over 22%.

      I'm too lazy to check everyone else. Spots 2-10 could be anyone.

      It makes no difference; I was just wondering.
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > Does anyone, other than me, keep ALL of the list messages .... going
        > back to the beginning?
        >
        > Yahoo has virtually no reporting tools. I'd like to know, for example,
        > who the top 10 posters are.
        >
        > Not counting * this * message, the MARCH folder in my inbox contains
        > 16,232 messages (about 1,000 more than are in our group archive.) Some
        > of those are non-list messages that got jumbled in because of filtering
        > rules. And a few are from before MARCH even had a listserv at all.
        >
        > Of the 16,232, it seems 3,601 are from me -- just over 22%.
        >
        > I'm too lazy to check everyone else. Spots 2-10 could be anyone.
        >
        > It makes no difference; I was just wondering.

        I am sure that I am in the top 10
        bd
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
          >> Spots 2-10 could be anyone.
          >> It makes no difference; I was just wondering.
          >>
          > I am sure that I am in the top 10
          > bd

          Probably top two or three.
        • Joe Giliberti
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
            I have every march message since I switched to gmail.
            I'm in the top 25, I'd bet

            On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 11:21 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

            >> Spots 2-10 could be anyone.
            >> It makes no difference; I was just wondering.
            >>
            > I am sure that I am in the top 10
            > bd

            Probably top two or three.

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009

              I have every march message since I switched to gmail.
              I'm in the top 25, I'd bet
              I'm guessing higher.  You've been here a while and sneak in a lot of messages when everyone else is sleeping!

              Hmmm, perhaps I can export my folder into a .csv file .... it would still some margin of error because of the aforementioned non-list messages that snuck in, but it would be a pretty close estimate.

              The real backbreaker is that many of us post using assorted email addresses, so it's not a simple matter of sorting the messages by name.
            • Joe Giliberti

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 2, 2009
                  From: "B Degnan" <billdeg@...>

                  I am sure that I am in the top 10