Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: video file help needed

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
      "Barry L. Kline" <blkline@...> writes:

      >Evan Koblentz wrote:
      >
      >> The file I was working with had some flaws .... such as a file size of
      >0 > bytes. :)
      >
      >That's a short film.

      ROTFLMFAO!

      Seriously though, depending on the OS and its filesystem, 0 bytes may not
      necessarily mean that there is nothing there.

      isbn 1555582699

    • brian_cirulnick
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009

        > The file I was working with had some flaws .... such as a file size of 0
        > bytes. :)

        Someone probably has already replied to this, but:

        If you got that video file from an older Macintosh, it has a filesize of zero bytes because Quicktime used to store the video in the resource fork -- you need to go back to the original file and "flatten" it for cross-platform use.
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
          >> The file I was working with had some flaws .... such as a file size of 0 bytes. :)
          >>
          > Someone probably has already replied to this, but:
          >
          > If you got that video file from an older Macintosh, it has a filesize of zero bytes because Quicktime used to store the video in the resource fork -- you need to go back to the original file and "flatten" it for cross-platform use.
          Problem is long since fixed.

          File was made on my BlackBerry.