Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: video file help needed

  • Barry L. Kline
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
      Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > The file I was working with had some flaws .... such as a file size of 0
      > bytes. :)

      That's a short film.
    • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
        "Barry L. Kline" <blkline@...> writes:

        >Evan Koblentz wrote:
        >
        >> The file I was working with had some flaws .... such as a file size of
        >0 > bytes. :)
        >
        >That's a short film.

        ROTFLMFAO!

        Seriously though, depending on the OS and its filesystem, 0 bytes may not
        necessarily mean that there is nothing there.

        isbn 1555582699

      • brian_cirulnick
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009

          > The file I was working with had some flaws .... such as a file size of 0
          > bytes. :)

          Someone probably has already replied to this, but:

          If you got that video file from an older Macintosh, it has a filesize of zero bytes because Quicktime used to store the video in the resource fork -- you need to go back to the original file and "flatten" it for cross-platform use.
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
            >> The file I was working with had some flaws .... such as a file size of 0 bytes. :)
            >>
            > Someone probably has already replied to this, but:
            >
            > If you got that video file from an older Macintosh, it has a filesize of zero bytes because Quicktime used to store the video in the resource fork -- you need to go back to the original file and "flatten" it for cross-platform use.
            Problem is long since fixed.

            File was made on my BlackBerry.