Weird

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2009
      Someone emailed me to ask if we have any extra vertical tape drives. He
      wanted to scavenge them for parts so he could build a wind turbine.
      Right, I'm going to sell MARCH items for someone to destroy for parts
      ... !?!? I deleted the message.
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 30, 2009
        On Mon, 30 Nov 2009, Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > Someone emailed me to ask if we have any extra vertical tape drives. He
        > wanted to scavenge them for parts so he could build a wind turbine.
        > Right, I'm going to sell MARCH items for someone to destroy for parts
        > ... !?!? I deleted the message.

        The DC motors used to drive the tape reels are popular for use as
        generators on windmills.

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • Barry L. Kline
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2009
          Mike Loewen wrote:

          > The DC motors used to drive the tape reels are popular for use as
          > generators on windmills.

          That's heresy. Perpetrators should be executed immediately and without
          mercy.

          Barry