Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: video file help needed

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2009
      The file I was working with had some flaws .... such as a file size of 0 bytes.  :)

      I'm curious, what was the answer ?

      > Who's good at working with video files? I need some expert help.

    • Barry L. Kline
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
        Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > The file I was working with had some flaws .... such as a file size of 0
        > bytes. :)

        That's a short film.
      • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
          "Barry L. Kline" <blkline@...> writes:

          >Evan Koblentz wrote:
          >
          >> The file I was working with had some flaws .... such as a file size of
          >0 > bytes. :)
          >
          >That's a short film.

          ROTFLMFAO!

          Seriously though, depending on the OS and its filesystem, 0 bytes may not
          necessarily mean that there is nothing there.

          isbn 1555582699

        • brian_cirulnick
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009

            > The file I was working with had some flaws .... such as a file size of 0
            > bytes. :)

            Someone probably has already replied to this, but:

            If you got that video file from an older Macintosh, it has a filesize of zero bytes because Quicktime used to store the video in the resource fork -- you need to go back to the original file and "flatten" it for cross-platform use.
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
              >> The file I was working with had some flaws .... such as a file size of 0 bytes. :)
              >>
              > Someone probably has already replied to this, but:
              >
              > If you got that video file from an older Macintosh, it has a filesize of zero bytes because Quicktime used to store the video in the resource fork -- you need to go back to the original file and "flatten" it for cross-platform use.
              Problem is long since fixed.

              File was made on my BlackBerry.