Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: video file help needed

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2009
      nevermind ....

      > Who's good at working with video files? I need some expert help.

    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 30, 2009
        I'm curious, what was the answer ?

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 30, 2009
          The file I was working with had some flaws .... such as a file size of 0 bytes.  :)

          I'm curious, what was the answer ?

          > Who's good at working with video files? I need some expert help.

        • Barry L. Kline
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
            Evan Koblentz wrote:

            > The file I was working with had some flaws .... such as a file size of 0
            > bytes. :)

            That's a short film.
          • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
              "Barry L. Kline" <blkline@...> writes:

              >Evan Koblentz wrote:
              >
              >> The file I was working with had some flaws .... such as a file size of
              >0 > bytes. :)
              >
              >That's a short film.

              ROTFLMFAO!

              Seriously though, depending on the OS and its filesystem, 0 bytes may not
              necessarily mean that there is nothing there.

              isbn 1555582699

            • brian_cirulnick
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009

                > The file I was working with had some flaws .... such as a file size of 0
                > bytes. :)

                Someone probably has already replied to this, but:

                If you got that video file from an older Macintosh, it has a filesize of zero bytes because Quicktime used to store the video in the resource fork -- you need to go back to the original file and "flatten" it for cross-platform use.
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
                  >> The file I was working with had some flaws .... such as a file size of 0 bytes. :)
                  >>
                  > Someone probably has already replied to this, but:
                  >
                  > If you got that video file from an older Macintosh, it has a filesize of zero bytes because Quicktime used to store the video in the resource fork -- you need to go back to the original file and "flatten" it for cross-platform use.
                  Problem is long since fixed.

                  File was made on my BlackBerry.