OT: video file help needed

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2009
      Who's good at working with video files? I need some expert help.
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 30, 2009
        nevermind ....

        > Who's good at working with video files? I need some expert help.

      • Jeffrey Brace
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 30, 2009
          I'm curious, what was the answer ?

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 30, 2009
            The file I was working with had some flaws .... such as a file size of 0 bytes.  :)

            I'm curious, what was the answer ?

            > Who's good at working with video files? I need some expert help.

          • Barry L. Kline
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
              Evan Koblentz wrote:

              > The file I was working with had some flaws .... such as a file size of 0
              > bytes. :)

              That's a short film.
            • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
                "Barry L. Kline" <blkline@...> writes:

                >Evan Koblentz wrote:
                >
                >> The file I was working with had some flaws .... such as a file size of
                >0 > bytes. :)
                >
                >That's a short film.

                ROTFLMFAO!

                Seriously though, depending on the OS and its filesystem, 0 bytes may not
                necessarily mean that there is nothing there.

                isbn 1555582699

              • brian_cirulnick
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009

                  > The file I was working with had some flaws .... such as a file size of 0
                  > bytes. :)

                  Someone probably has already replied to this, but:

                  If you got that video file from an older Macintosh, it has a filesize of zero bytes because Quicktime used to store the video in the resource fork -- you need to go back to the original file and "flatten" it for cross-platform use.
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
                    >> The file I was working with had some flaws .... such as a file size of 0 bytes. :)
                    >>
                    > Someone probably has already replied to this, but:
                    >
                    > If you got that video file from an older Macintosh, it has a filesize of zero bytes because Quicktime used to store the video in the resource fork -- you need to go back to the original file and "flatten" it for cross-platform use.
                    Problem is long since fixed.

                    File was made on my BlackBerry.