Re: [midatlanticretro] Guess who's a year older?

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 11, 2009
      So, at winter party, we need some birthday pizza for me, birthday knishes for Evan, birthday vindaloo for Sridhar, and a birthday cabbage for Andy Molloy. You see? MARCH really is a melting pot!

      :P

      On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      .... Our short Indian friend from New York!

      Happy b-day Sridhar.

    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 11, 2009
        We need alcohol... It's universal.

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 11, 2009
          To clean our various electronic devices and mechanical apparatuses, right? What other good is it for?

          We could also start fires

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 11, 2009
            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...> wrote:
            > So, at winter party, we need some birthday pizza for me, birthday knishes
            > for Evan, birthday vindaloo for Sridhar, and a birthday cabbage for Andy
            > Molloy.

            My b-day is in less than a week, so I may want to share that pizza.

            Andy
          • Alexey Toptygin
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 11, 2009
              On Wed, 11 Nov 2009, Joe Giliberti wrote:

              > To clean our various electronic devices and mechanical apparatuses, right?
              > What other good is it for?

              When my dad used to work in an optics lab at the Lebedev Physics Institute
              in Moscow, they would requisition pure alcohol for "wiping clean optical
              axes"*, and would really use it for bribing the machinists in the machine
              shop to make parts for them.

              Alexey

              * an optical axis is an imaginary line