Guess who's a year older?

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 11, 2009
      .... Our short Indian friend from New York!

      Happy b-day Sridhar.
    • Joe Giliberti
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 11, 2009
        So, at winter party, we need some birthday pizza for me, birthday knishes for Evan, birthday vindaloo for Sridhar, and a birthday cabbage for Andy Molloy. You see? MARCH really is a melting pot!

        :P

        On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

        .... Our short Indian friend from New York!

        Happy b-day Sridhar.

      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 11, 2009
          We need alcohol... It's universal.

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 11, 2009
            To clean our various electronic devices and mechanical apparatuses, right? What other good is it for?

            We could also start fires

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 11, 2009
              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...> wrote:
              > So, at winter party, we need some birthday pizza for me, birthday knishes
              > for Evan, birthday vindaloo for Sridhar, and a birthday cabbage for Andy
              > Molloy.

              My b-day is in less than a week, so I may want to share that pizza.

              Andy
            • Alexey Toptygin
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 11, 2009
                On Wed, 11 Nov 2009, Joe Giliberti wrote:

                > To clean our various electronic devices and mechanical apparatuses, right?
                > What other good is it for?

                When my dad used to work in an optics lab at the Lebedev Physics Institute
                in Moscow, they would requisition pure alcohol for "wiping clean optical
                axes"*, and would really use it for bribing the machinists in the machine
                shop to make parts for them.

                Alexey

                * an optical axis is an imaginary line