Re: [midatlanticretro] Is this on topic?

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 6, 2009
      what the heh go for it.    I have the diagnostics for it I think.
      Bill

      Joe Giliberti wrote:
      I picked up a Compaq Portable III at the flea market today. It isn't a 386. Can I proceed to open a discussion on it's topic?

    • Mr Ian Primus
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 6, 2009
        --- On Fri, 11/6/09, Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...> wrote:
        > I picked up a Compaq Portable III at the flea market today. It isn't a
        > 386. Can I proceed to open a discussion on it's topic?

        Go for it. Just be mindful that Evan is liable to give you a hard time. He already called me out for talking about the Compaq Portable 286... <grin>

        -Ian
      • Joe Giliberti
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 6, 2009
          Well, right now, I need a service manual more than anything

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 6, 2009
            I have the 386/25, 386s deskpro, the portable I and portable II manuals.  Nothing on the portable III
            bd

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 7, 2009
              Joe,

              Searching HP support for "Compaq Portable" showed several likely hits.

              Jim