Is this on topic?

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 6, 2009
      I picked up a Compaq Portable III at the flea market today. It isn't a 386. Can I proceed to open a discussion on it's topic?
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 6, 2009
        what the heh go for it.    I have the diagnostics for it I think.
        Bill

        Joe Giliberti wrote:
        I picked up a Compaq Portable III at the flea market today. It isn't a 386. Can I proceed to open a discussion on it's topic?

      • Mr Ian Primus
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 6, 2009
          --- On Fri, 11/6/09, Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...> wrote:
          > I picked up a Compaq Portable III at the flea market today. It isn't a
          > 386. Can I proceed to open a discussion on it's topic?

          Go for it. Just be mindful that Evan is liable to give you a hard time. He already called me out for talking about the Compaq Portable 286... <grin>

          -Ian
        • Joe Giliberti
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 6, 2009
            Well, right now, I need a service manual more than anything

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 6, 2009
              I have the 386/25, 386s deskpro, the portable I and portable II manuals.  Nothing on the portable III
              bd

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 7, 2009
                Joe,

                Searching HP support for "Compaq Portable" showed several likely hits.

                Jim