Re: [midatlanticretro] Commodore Mania??

  • Ray Sills
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2009
      It could be people clearing out closets or basement storage, and they
      want to sell into the "holiday season". Yes, the holiday season is
      underway. Maybe, a new computer is on their horizon, and they want to
      unload the old stuff. I can hear the argument, "How can you justify
      getting a new computer, when you still have that old one?" :)

      On Nov 6, 2009, at 6:58 AM, joprysko1 wrote:

      > I have noticed a large increase in the number of Commodore 64/128's
      > available on Craiglist as of late. I know I had looked before, and
      > would go for weeks not even seeing one. Right now, I am seeing 5
      > different people selling C=64 equipment. So if you are a c=64
      > collector, now is probably the time to start looking while they are
      > available.
      >
      > Joe
      >
      > http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/sys/1452437961.html
      > http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/sys/1449533241.html
      > http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/sys/1442829003.html
      > http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/sys/1441890782.html
      > http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/sys/1431954603.html

    • ysgdhio
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2009
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "joprysko1" <joprysko1@...> wrote:
        > So if you are a c=64 collector, now is probably the time to start looking while they are available.

        I sincerely hope you're joking.
        The C64 is the best-selling computer of all time,
        with upwards of 17 MILLION units produced.
        Just because it's old doesn't make it rare.

        Andy
      • Jim Kalin
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 7, 2009

          If I had some extra room I would love to get a Commodore collection going.  The Commodore Vic-20 was the first computer I ever owned.

          Jim

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 7, 2009
            Andy,

            The point is to collect things of interest *before* they are rare, when
            the finding is easy.

            Jim