Commodore Mania??

  • joprysko1
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2009
      I have noticed a large increase in the number of Commodore 64/128's available on Craiglist as of late. I know I had looked before, and would go for weeks not even seeing one. Right now, I am seeing 5 different people selling C=64 equipment. So if you are a c=64 collector, now is probably the time to start looking while they are available.

      Joe

      http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/sys/1452437961.html
      http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/sys/1449533241.html
      http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/sys/1442829003.html
      http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/sys/1441890782.html
      http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/sys/1431954603.html
    • Ray Sills
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2009
        It could be people clearing out closets or basement storage, and they
        want to sell into the "holiday season". Yes, the holiday season is
        underway. Maybe, a new computer is on their horizon, and they want to
        unload the old stuff. I can hear the argument, "How can you justify
        getting a new computer, when you still have that old one?" :)

        On Nov 6, 2009, at 6:58 AM, joprysko1 wrote:

        > I have noticed a large increase in the number of Commodore 64/128's
        > available on Craiglist as of late. I know I had looked before, and
        > would go for weeks not even seeing one. Right now, I am seeing 5
        > different people selling C=64 equipment. So if you are a c=64
        > collector, now is probably the time to start looking while they are
        > available.
        >
        > Joe
        >
        > http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/sys/1452437961.html
        > http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/sys/1449533241.html
        > http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/sys/1442829003.html
        > http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/sys/1441890782.html
        > http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/sys/1431954603.html

      • ysgdhio
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2009
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "joprysko1" <joprysko1@...> wrote:
          > So if you are a c=64 collector, now is probably the time to start looking while they are available.

          I sincerely hope you're joking.
          The C64 is the best-selling computer of all time,
          with upwards of 17 MILLION units produced.
          Just because it's old doesn't make it rare.

          Andy
        • Jim Kalin
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 7, 2009

            If I had some extra room I would love to get a Commodore collection going.  The Commodore Vic-20 was the first computer I ever owned.

            Jim

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 7, 2009
              Andy,

              The point is to collect things of interest *before* they are rare, when
              the finding is easy.

              Jim