Re: [midatlanticretro] Google challenge ...

  • Bob Applegate
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 5, 2009
      Bill Dromgoole <drummy@...> wrote :

      > It cites Arthur S. Rettig of Haddonfield N.J. as one of the inventors.

      I can ask some of the older RCA guys to see if anyone knows of him. Lots of RCA guys live(d) in Haddonfield and they seem to have remained pretty tight.

      Bob

      ___________________________________
      NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net
    • Bill Dromgoole
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 5, 2009
        There was a patent issued to RCA in December 1966 (Filed in March of 1961) on an
        information handling system.
        It cites Arthur S. Rettig of Haddonfield N.J. as one of the inventors.

        http://www.freepatentsonline.com/3290654.pdf

        Haddonfield is an upscale community very near to Camden NJ.
        This could be your A.S. Rettig

        billdrom

        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 5, 2009
          Ding ding ding! I think we have a winner.

          Although it says "Albert" not "Arthur" .... did you misread that?

          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 5, 2009
            Yahoo says my reply, below, was the 15,000th message in the MARCH group.

            Message 5 of 20 , Nov 5, 2009
              Yes, apparently so.

              Sorry.

              Message 6 of 20 , Nov 5, 2009
                Please note Evans correction.
                It is Albert S. Rettig not Arthur.

                billdrom
                > It cites Arthur S. Rettig of Haddonfield N.J. as one of the inventors.

                I can ask some of the older RCA guys to see if anyone knows of him. Lots of RCA
                guys live(d) in Haddonfield and they seem to have remained pretty tight.

                Bob
              • Bill Degnan
                Message 7 of 20 , Nov 5, 2009
                  As most of you probably know Arthur, Alberts brother, played tuba with the
                  British prog. band Genesis in the early 1970's.

                  > > It cites Arthur S. Rettig of Haddonfield N.J. as one of the inventors.
                  >
                  > I can ask some of the older RCA guys to see if anyone knows of him. Lots
                  of RCA
                  > guys live(d) in Haddonfield and they seem to have remained pretty tight.
                  >
                  > Bob

                • Barry L. Kline
                  Message 8 of 20 , Nov 5, 2009
                    Bill Degnan wrote:
                    > As most of you probably know Arthur, Alberts brother, played tuba with the
                    > British prog. band Genesis in the early 1970's.

                    You're a sick puppy Bill.

                    Barry
                  • Jeffrey Brace
                    Message 9 of 20 , Nov 5, 2009
                      Fantastic !  do you win a prize ?  Like the one in all those spam ad's "you are the 1,000,000th visitor you have won a prize, click here!".

                      Seriously, it's great the group is so active and there are many people contributing and discussing etc. The more active, the more healthy the group.

                      Message 10 of 20 , Nov 5, 2009
                        Indeed!  It's been five full years, so I guess we're doing something right.  :)

                        Message 11 of 20 , Nov 7, 2009
                          That's a good episode. BJ's mother is Bea and his father is Jay.

                          Jim