Re: [midatlanticretro] Google challenge ...

  • Barry L. Kline
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 5, 2009
      Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > Maybe. Everything I found so far says "A.S." Retting.

      This sounds like the M*A*S*H episode where Hawkeye was trying to find
      out what the B.J. was for B.J. Hunnicut. Turns out, it was B.J.

      Perhaps this may end up being one of those.

      Barry
    • Bob Applegate
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 5, 2009
        Bill Dromgoole <drummy@...> wrote :

        > It cites Arthur S. Rettig of Haddonfield N.J. as one of the inventors.

        I can ask some of the older RCA guys to see if anyone knows of him. Lots of RCA guys live(d) in Haddonfield and they seem to have remained pretty tight.

        Bob

        ___________________________________
        NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net
      • Bill Dromgoole
        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 5, 2009
          There was a patent issued to RCA in December 1966 (Filed in March of 1961) on an
          information handling system.
          It cites Arthur S. Rettig of Haddonfield N.J. as one of the inventors.

          http://www.freepatentsonline.com/3290654.pdf

          Haddonfield is an upscale community very near to Camden NJ.
          This could be your A.S. Rettig

          billdrom

          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 5, 2009
            Ding ding ding! I think we have a winner.

            Although it says "Albert" not "Arthur" .... did you misread that?

            Message 5 of 20 , Nov 5, 2009
              Yahoo says my reply, below, was the 15,000th message in the MARCH group.

              Message 6 of 20 , Nov 5, 2009
                Yes, apparently so.

                Sorry.

                Message 7 of 20 , Nov 5, 2009
                  Please note Evans correction.
                  It is Albert S. Rettig not Arthur.

                  billdrom
                  > It cites Arthur S. Rettig of Haddonfield N.J. as one of the inventors.

                  I can ask some of the older RCA guys to see if anyone knows of him. Lots of RCA
                  guys live(d) in Haddonfield and they seem to have remained pretty tight.

                  Bob
                • Bill Degnan
                  Message 8 of 20 , Nov 5, 2009
                    As most of you probably know Arthur, Alberts brother, played tuba with the
                    British prog. band Genesis in the early 1970's.

                    > > It cites Arthur S. Rettig of Haddonfield N.J. as one of the inventors.
                    >
                    > I can ask some of the older RCA guys to see if anyone knows of him. Lots
                    of RCA
                    > guys live(d) in Haddonfield and they seem to have remained pretty tight.
                    >
                    > Bob

                  • Barry L. Kline
                    Message 9 of 20 , Nov 5, 2009
                      Bill Degnan wrote:
                      > As most of you probably know Arthur, Alberts brother, played tuba with the
                      > British prog. band Genesis in the early 1970's.

                      You're a sick puppy Bill.

                      Barry
                    • Jeffrey Brace
                      Message 10 of 20 , Nov 5, 2009
                        Fantastic !  do you win a prize ?  Like the one in all those spam ad's "you are the 1,000,000th visitor you have won a prize, click here!".

                        Seriously, it's great the group is so active and there are many people contributing and discussing etc. The more active, the more healthy the group.

                        Message 11 of 20 , Nov 5, 2009
                          Indeed!  It's been five full years, so I guess we're doing something right.  :)

                          Message 12 of 20 , Nov 7, 2009
                            That's a good episode. BJ's mother is Bea and his father is Jay.

                            Jim