InfoAge updates

    Message 1 of 49 , Nov 3, 2009
      Some updates from Fred:

      >>> Halloween event raised gross of $33,447.  This will put a
      new roof on one of the H-buildings where worked was done for the SCORE and TIROS satellites during the early days of the space race.

      >>> Volunteers planted 300 bulbs around the Hotel building, so
      it'll look much nicer in spring 2010.

      - Hotel lounge is finally painted.

      - Restrooms in building 9032 (where our computer museum resides) are almost ready.  The sinks now work and floors are painted. Next are new toilets and those salvaged WW2-era urinals.

      - "NJ Industry Film School" has been using Camp Evans for instruction the past three weekends.

      - Fred added: "Thank you to Joe G. for recycling the many boxes of old and unwanted PC books." Always good for MARCHins other than me to help with InfoAge-wide projects!

      - Wall Police Dept as well as other towns are using the second H-building 9037/37 for K-9 practice.  Please do not interfere.
      Message 49 of 49 , Jul 15, 2010
        It's 4:37am, I should be sleeping.

        Anyway ....

        InfoAge may soon begin sheet rocking the ceiling of our new museum space + installing electrical circuits.  This is good news because our space will look nicer, we won't have to worry about overhead work after we make new exhibits, and it'll be less space to heat/cool.

        Speaking of heating/cooling -- there's not yet any budget for that -- so in the summer we'll have several large fans, and in the winter we'll have electric space heaters.  Yes, I understand this is far from ideal.

        We have not yet finished painting the floor.  Still stuck at 80%.  Very little got done in the new museum space during the past few weeks because of my family situation, MARCHins having other commitments, other InfoAge tasks, etc. ....... but now we're ready to continue where we left off.

        This weekend, in addition to MARCH @ HOPE, InfoAge has a booth at the Fort Monmouth "Last Hoo-ah" event (the fort is closing.)  I will try to be there Friday and/or Sunday with a small demo (something simple like a C-64 or Apple II) and some literature.

        Also, there's an InfoAge WW II symposium on August 15, 1pm-5pm.  Price is $20 for adults and $10 for veterans/students.  Lectures include "How Radar Failed Us at Pearl Harbor"; "Story of the USS Murphy Tragedy Off the NJ Coast"; "Battle of the Beams -- Air War Over Britain"; "Army Signal Corps Tactical Communications Advances"; "Countering Hitler's Air Defense Systems"; and "The Birth of Digital Computing in WWII and Camp Evans' Role" (by yours truly.)