Re: [midatlanticretro] TCF 2010 + MARCH

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 3, 2009
      > I politely disagree with Evan's point that exposure at this event will
      > take away from VCF
      I said I'm concerned that it * could *. Yes, I'm probably
      over-reacting. Just trying to protect MARCH and VCF East. Overall, I
      think the more exposure for our hobby, the better.
      > How many exhibitors at VCF do you think we'll get from TCF?

      Beats me. My goal is more attendees.
      > Who in this group saw the vintage computer exhibit at the Smithsonian
      > and said, that's enough for me for at least one year.
      I don't think that is fair. TCF / VCF are close in proximity and have a
      similar-sounding name. I'm mildly concerned that people might get
      confused, etc.
      > I have a practically ready-made presentation that involves TCF on my
      > web site with original pictures, etc. I have a lot more info as well
      You do indeed have some great research on the history of user groups in
      our area. That could be a perfect talk at Trenton. But I wanted you to
      offer it; I didn't want to volunteer you. :)
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 3, 2009
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
[...]

        How about if we keep all exhibits and presentations focused only on TCF-related computer history and we stay tightly on topic then?  That way we will emphasize "TCF" apart from VCF.  We don't have any TCF-related exhibits at InfoAge, is this just a coincidence?

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 3, 2009
          > We don't have any TCF-related exhibits at InfoAge, is this just a
          > coincidence?
          Yes, but that will soon change. TCF is one of many things we can
          spotlight in the "local history" poster exhibit, which will go in our
          hallway, instead of taking up exhibit room space.
        • Dan Roganti
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 4, 2009
            Evan Koblentz wrote:
            We don't have any TCF-related exhibits at InfoAge, is this just a
            coincidence?

            Yes, but that will soon change.  TCF is one of many things we can
            spotlight in the "local history" poster exhibit, which will go in our
            hallway, instead of taking up exhibit room space.

            One thing that always helps is having several of the old photographs from the early TCF days made into posters for the exhibit.
            Include some captions at the bottom or the side, people like to see who was there.
            Somewhere on the TCF website I remember seeing several old photos of the early days, some even with David Ahl and Steve Ciarcia.
            You might want to ask them about this, it seems they changed all the links on when they update their website.

            =Dan
          • Christian Liendo
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 6, 2009
              Sorry to be late on this

              #1. I agree with Bill, I got to vintage car shows all over NJ/PA and I see the same guys. If you like vintage computers/cars, you go to all the shows to see the ONE computer/car that was not in the other shows.

              #2. If we wish to feature TCF in the museum, can get the guys from TCF to donate original things like the original guides, flyers or pictures to put in the museum.

              #3. Bring videos of VCF, we should have a laptop running the video of past VCFs to help promote that show as well.

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 7, 2009
                I agree 100% with Bill and Christian. With VCF and TCF 5 months apart I
                see no way for TCF to cannibalize our event.

                Jim