Re: [midatlanticretro] on eBay: APPLE SYSTEM 7 - Full Install and 400-page Manual

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2009
      BobShuster wrote:
      > I know someone in the group was looking for this a while ago! (Bill Degnan?)
      >
      > http://cgi.ebay.com/APPLE-SYSTEM-7-Full-Install-and-400-page-Manual_W0QQitemZ130341464009QQcmdZViewItemQQssPageNameZRSS:B:SRCH:US:101#ht_817wt_1167
      >
      > Already two bidders - auction is over this coming Sunday.

      Thanks Bob
      Bill
    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2009
        If you aren't able to get it. I have system 7 on disks. I haven't tested the disks for years. Are you looking for version 1. I believe that is what I have. I also have version 7.5. I'm surprised that no one has disk images of these somewhere on the internet for download.

        I had gotten System 7 when I started college in 1991 and had to buy a Mac (Drexel almost required it). I got an SE/30 and still have it. I have an LCIII and an SE as well. I have numerous disks and programs. Let me know if you are looking for anything that you can't find.

        > I know someone in the group was looking for this a while ago! (Bill Degnan?)
        >
        > http://cgi.ebay. com/APPLE- SYSTEM-7- Full-Install- and-400-page- Manual_W0QQitemZ 130341464009QQcm dZViewItemQQssPa geNameZRSS: B:SRCH:US: 101#ht_817wt_ 1167
        >
        > Already two bidders - auction is over this coming Sunday.

        Thanks Bob
        Bill

      • brian_cirulnick
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2009

          > If you aren't able to get it. I have system 7 on disks. I haven't tested the disks for years. Are you looking for version 1. I believe that is what I have. I also have version 7.5. I'm surprised that no one has disk images of these somewhere on the internet for download.

          I'm almost positive I have disk images, as I have many of the Mac Developer CDs that Apple used to distribute (I saved as many as I could when my company went belly-up in 2002, but the vast majority were tossed in the trash).. I just haven't had time to go through them yet and see what's on 'em.

          Also, somewhere, assuming I didn't "recycle" them, I have System 7.something on real Apple floppies in the original cardboard folder. I just have to find them in my ever growing pile 'o crap.

          I've been promising myself to get to it for Bill, but I just haven't gotten the free time yet. Hopefully, this weekend I'll start piling stuff for MARCH December, and try and locate something useful.