Busy weekend

  • evan@snarc.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2009
      Busy weekend. Yesterday I visited Tony Scara, here in central NJ, who worked at Electronic Associates in the early days and has a house full of vintage electronics and computers. By the way: he mentioned that some of the people who contacted him (from cctalk, Craigslist, etc.) were unpleasant -- but "everyone from MARCH was a gentleman".

      Today, we had some good museum visitors, and Jeff Jonas brought us more books. Joe G. swapped our black folding chairs for the new office swivel chairs. Vintage computing, now in more comfort!

      In a few weeks we can start the storage reorganization project. I'm excited about that.
    • epsilonprocess
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 9, 2009
        I visited Tony a few weeks ago and bought his last Northstar Advantage, as well as some odds and ends. I was amazed at his collection. You know, the house with all the stuff in it is for sale. Wish I could buy it and all the stuff in there. Was thinking of going back for some more grabs in the near future. Worth a look if you're in the Piscataway area.

        > Busy weekend. Yesterday I visited Tony Scara, here in central NJ, who worked at Electronic Associates in the early days and has a house full of vintage electronics and computers. By the way: he mentioned that some of the people who contacted him (from cctalk, Craigslist, etc.) were unpleasant -- but "everyone from MARCH was a gentleman".
        >
        > Today, we had some good museum visitors, and Jeff Jonas brought us more books. Joe G. swapped our black folding chairs for the new office swivel chairs. Vintage computing, now in more comfort!
        >
        > In a few weeks we can start the storage reorganization project. I'm excited about that.

      • Bob Schwier
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 11, 2009
          It will be a busy weekend for me too.
          Got anything for a science fiction convention on Nov 19-21?
           bs

          --- In midatlanticretro@ yahoogroups. com, evan@... wrote:

          > Busy weekend. Yesterday I visited Tony Scara, here in central NJ, who worked at Electronic Associates in the early days and has a house full of vintage electronics and computers. By the way: he mentioned that some of the people who contacted him (from cctalk, Craigslist, etc.) were unpleasant -- but "everyone from MARCH was a gentleman".
          >
          > Today, we had some good museum visitors, and Jeff Jonas brought us more books. Joe G. swapped our black folding chairs for the new office swivel chairs. Vintage computing, now in more comfort!
          >
          > In a few weeks we can start the storage reorganization project. I'm excited about that.

        • Joe Giliberti

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 11, 2009
                Piscataway is * central * Jersey.  Everyone who lives in Middlesex County knows that!  It's only you weird south Jersey folks who can't tell the difference.

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 11, 2009
                  If it is north of New Jersey's Raritan River crack, its North Jersey.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 11, 2009
                      Geographically, but not culturally.

                      Anyway, most people on this list aren't from NJ, and thus they don't give a hoot.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 12, 2009
                        Philcon will be held at the Crowne Point Hotel of Cherry Hill.  It starts Friday
                        evening and winds upon Sunday.  The hotel is on NJ 70 near the exit for I 295.
                        That would be Nov 20 - Nov 22.
                        bs

                        Got anything for a science fiction convention on Nov 19-21?
                         bs

                      • brian_cirulnick
                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 21, 2009
                          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Bob Schwier <schwepes2002@...> wrote:

                          > Philcon will be held at the Crowne Point Hotel of Cherry Hill.  It starts Friday
                          > evening and winds upon Sunday.  The hotel is on NJ 70 near the exit for I 295.
                          > That would be Nov 20 - Nov 22.
                          > bs

                          Yeeeeowwww! That brings back a truckload of memories from my wasted youth. That makes today the 23rd anniversary of the premeire of my fan-anime film "Desslok's Revenge"... Yowza. Thanks for making me feel old.