Re:RADIO SHACK TRS-80 MODEL 100 VINTAGE LAPTOP

  • Bob Shuster
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2009
      Glad you got it then.  I wouldn't have gone to so much trouble to get it running, at least not for a while - I have about a half dozen similar projects ahead of it!   :)  As an alternative I picked up a pair of Atari Portfolios (a little less vintage at 1989) - one has a flaky display cable, and both are really sticky and gross (fun!)

      I didn't find the seller strange so much - he seemed rather confused actually.  Congrats on getting it working!   - Bob

      -----
      On Oct 30, 2009, at 1:42 PM, joprysko1 wrote:

      > Well,
      >
      > Apparently I was the one that the guy said he sold it to. I got it
      > and it wouldn't power on. I have been going crazy trying to fix
      > it. I replaced a couple of dried out caps, reading voltage levels
      > all over the place trying to figure out what was holding it down.

    • joprysko1
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2009
        Congrats on the Portfolios. They look like pretty neat machines. I recently picked up a Casio PB-1000, also a little Palmtop system, but it doesn't run MS-DOS like your Portfolio's do..

        Joe