Re: [midatlanticretro] What kind of new exhibits are we looking for?

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2009
      > Is there a list of upcoming or desired exhibits for the museum?
      >
      > That way if people have stuff lying around that they don't need that could go with exhibit X or to put together exhibit Y.
      We've discussed this on the list a few times, but I'd have to go look
      through almost 15,000 messages to find the list of potential exhibits.

      Currently, we have five rooms. (Actually four, but one is double-sized
      and we divided it in two.)

      Four of the rooms are already in use: Computing at Camp Evans;
      Minicomputers; Homebrew-era computers; Microcomputers.

      The fifth room is currently storage. We'll move its contents into one
      of the large "H-buildings" after the Halloween event is cleared out.

      Plan for the fifth room is three small exhibits. 1., Artifact(s) of the
      month; 2., Dimitri Grabbe shrine (he was a major benefactor for us); 3.,
      Members' exhibit. So two of these three small exhibits will change on a
      regular basis.

      In another year (or two), we'll move the whole museum into one of the
      H-buildings. When that happens we'll have MASSIVE space. We'll be able
      to build, for example, a dozen exhibits. Lots of ideas -- storage, I/O,
      networking, business software, computer gaming, graphics, programming
      languages, analog computing, etc., etc. -- but for the next year-ish we
      are limited in available space.
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 29, 2009
        On Thu, 29 Oct 2009, Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > In another year (or two), we'll move the whole museum into one of the
        > H-buildings. When that happens we'll have MASSIVE space.

        Ooh, ooh ... big iron, blinkenlights! :-)

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...