What kind of new exhibits are we looking for?

  • joprysko1
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2009
      Is there a list of upcoming or desired exhibits for the museum?

      That way if people have stuff lying around that they don't need that could go with exhibit X or to put together exhibit Y.

      Err.. Not sure if that made sense... but I think people should get the idea.

      Joe
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 29, 2009
        > Is there a list of upcoming or desired exhibits for the museum?
        >
        > That way if people have stuff lying around that they don't need that could go with exhibit X or to put together exhibit Y.
        We've discussed this on the list a few times, but I'd have to go look
        through almost 15,000 messages to find the list of potential exhibits.

        Currently, we have five rooms. (Actually four, but one is double-sized
        and we divided it in two.)

        Four of the rooms are already in use: Computing at Camp Evans;
        Minicomputers; Homebrew-era computers; Microcomputers.

        The fifth room is currently storage. We'll move its contents into one
        of the large "H-buildings" after the Halloween event is cleared out.

        Plan for the fifth room is three small exhibits. 1., Artifact(s) of the
        month; 2., Dimitri Grabbe shrine (he was a major benefactor for us); 3.,
        Members' exhibit. So two of these three small exhibits will change on a
        regular basis.

        In another year (or two), we'll move the whole museum into one of the
        H-buildings. When that happens we'll have MASSIVE space. We'll be able
        to build, for example, a dozen exhibits. Lots of ideas -- storage, I/O,
        networking, business software, computer gaming, graphics, programming
        languages, analog computing, etc., etc. -- but for the next year-ish we
        are limited in available space.
      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 29, 2009
          On Thu, 29 Oct 2009, Evan Koblentz wrote:

          > In another year (or two), we'll move the whole museum into one of the
          > H-buildings. When that happens we'll have MASSIVE space.

          Ooh, ooh ... big iron, blinkenlights! :-)

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...