Did you realize (holiday party)

    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 28, 2009
      Only 6 weeks until the Vintage Computer Festivus 6.0, a.k.a. MARCH
      holiday party.

      For those who missed the original message: this year's holiday party is
      Dec. 12-13 at the TIROS Ground Control Building (big satellite dish
      building) @ InfoAge. All are welcome to stay overnight at the cottage,
      so long as you clean up after yourselves ......

      Food / drink / vintage computers / gaming / hacking / movies / fun /
      nerdity / etc.

      That also means we're finishing up our FIFTH year in existence! Holy
      heatsinks Batman.
    • ysgdhio
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 20, 2009
        I'm trying to get my act together.
        I suggest you all do the same. :-)

        Now, who needs what?

        Andy

        > For those who missed the original message: this year's holiday party is
        > Dec. 12-13 at the TIROS Ground Control Building (big satellite dish
        > building) @ InfoAge. All are welcome to stay overnight at the cottage,
        > so long as you clean up after yourselves ......
        >
        > Food / drink / vintage computers / gaming / hacking / movies / fun /
        > nerdity / etc.
        >
        > That also means we're finishing up our FIFTH year in existence! Holy
        > heatsinks Batman.

      • Jeffrey Brace
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 20, 2009
          wow !  time flies !  I'm always interested in commodore stuff !  Also macintosh, atari (would love an atari 130 xe). The problem I always have is that I get there late and some people leave early, or worse I don't know what the other guy looks like and he doesn't know what I look like !

          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 20, 2009
            There's still a large amount of 130xe computers that will be available soon ..... patience, young Jedi.

            wow !  time flies !  I'm always interested in commodore stuff !  Also macintosh, atari (would love an atari 130 xe).
            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 21, 2009
              Jeffrey Brace wrote:
              wow !  time flies !  I'm always interested in commodore stuff !  Also macintosh, atari (would love an atari 130 xe). The problem I always have is that I get there late and some people leave early, or worse I don't know what the other guy looks like and he doesn't know what I look like !

              good idea, please bring name tag stickers, and a moped.
              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 21, 2009
                Realistically here is my wish/shopping list for trades.

                October 1979 Kilobaud/Microcomputing
                Popular Electronics November 1975
                Osborne I disk drive (working/boot/left)

                Macintosh OS disks 7.0 set (copy or originals any 7.0x).
                I can also bring the computer (it's an older SE) if you just want to
                load the OS and keep your disks.

                Thanks to Jeff Jonas I might just have the controllers and at least one
                cable for my IBM XT/PC era IBM Token Ring experiment, but I could use
                more cables just in case. This is not the PS/2 newer tokenring stuff.
                Has anyone ever set up an IBM XT based token ring network other than me?

                Tandon 603s or ST 225 (that work only, I have many that do not)

                Compaq Portable (first model) motherboard and power supply.

                Disk Drive belt, Amstrad PCW 8256

                Bill Degnan
              • Ray Sills
                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 21, 2009
                  On Nov 21, 2009, at 11:00 AM, B Degnan wrote:
                  > <snip>
                  > Macintosh OS disks 7.0 set (copy or originals any 7.0x).
                  > I can also bring the computer (it's an older SE) if you just want to
                  > load the OS and keep your disks.

                  </snip>

                  Hi Bill:

                  A while back (a couple years), I donated a bunch of Apple stuff to
                  MARCH, including a couple "pizza box" Macs, along with a collection of
                  3.5" floppies in 5x8 card holder plastic boxes (they work just fine
                  for 3.5" disks). I'm pretty sure there is a set or two of OS 7
                  install disks in the collection. It's likely in some boxes somewhere,
                  maybe in the basement storage area.

                  73 de Ray
                • brian_cirulnick
                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 21, 2009

                    > Macintosh OS disks 7.0 set (copy or originals any 7.0x).
                    > I can also bring the computer (it's an older SE) if you just want to
                    > load the OS and keep your disks.

                    -------------------

                    Bill;

                    I found some kind of 7.X floppies (originals), in a box. They are labeled Quadra 840AV/Centris 660AV, so they are from that period, probably 7.6 or earlier OS.

                    I can also dredge up some Developer CD's if you want to make disk images (you'll need a working Mac with a CDROM drive and floppy drive).
                  • Joe Giliberti
                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 21, 2009
                      I want a pony!

                      Message 10 of 21 , Nov 23, 2009

                        > Macintosh OS disks 7.0 set (copy or originals any 7.0x).
                        > I can also bring the computer (it's an older SE) if you just want to
                        > load the OS and keep your disks.

                        I've got a set of System 7.0.1 I can bring to load your SE.
                        If I bring my Mac SE/30, maybe we can figure out why it's flaky.

                        Andy
                      • Jeffrey Brace
                        Message 11 of 21 , Nov 23, 2009
                          I can bring my SE/30 as well. Mine has some sort of board inside that lets you connect a color monitor to it and also accelerates the clock speed.  Anyone have any need for any Mac software from that era ?  I have lots of disks.

                          Message 12 of 21 , Nov 23, 2009
                            Jeffrey Brace wrote:
                            I can bring my SE/30 as well. Mine has some sort of board inside that lets you connect a color monitor to it and also accelerates the clock speed.  Anyone have any need for any Mac software from that era ?  I have lots of disks.

                            Looks like we have a theme going.  Yes, please bring the 7.0 disks.  Are there any good games for the MAC SE line?  I will bring my  SE-related stuff, (software, hardware).  I will also check to see if there are internal batteries in them, and if so, try to pick up a few at the local electronics place, it's pretty good.

                            While on the subject of batteries, I really want to change out some of my Amiga motherboard batteries, but I have been putting it off..

                            Bill
                          • Bryan Pope
                            Message 13 of 21 , Nov 23, 2009
                              B Degnan wrote:

                              > Looks like we have a theme going. Yes, please bring the 7.0 disks.
                              > Are there any good games for the MAC SE line? I will bring my
                              > SE-related stuff, (software, hardware). I will also check to see if
                              > there are internal batteries in them, and if so, try to pick up a few
                              > at the local electronics place, it's pretty good.
                              Dark Castle

                              Cheers,

                              Bryan
                            • Jeffrey Brace
                              Message 14 of 21 , Nov 23, 2009
                                I love that game, one of my favorites. I will check to see if I have it.

                                To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                                From: bryan.pope@...
                                Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 23:56:11 -0500
                                Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Was who needs what? Now: Mac SE's to holiday party

                                Message 15 of 21 , Nov 24, 2009

                                  > Jeffrey Brace wrote:
                                  > > Are
                                  > there any good games for the MAC SE line?
                                  ------------------------

                                  Shufflepuck Cafe?

                                  I remember playing an F-16 flight simulator on a Mac Plus, but I doubt I still have that software. I'll look around though. It would suck if I had that for AmaX only. No way I'll ever get that off those disks these days.
                                • Jeffrey Brace
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Nov 24, 2009
                                    I have so many games for my SE/30. Among some of my favorites: Spectre, Tetris, Dark Castle, a shareware Star Trek game. I will have to dig up my old disks to see what I have.

                                    I have a program called FindStuff that was Shareware written by a friend while I was at Drexel (1991-1996). It improves the ability to search for files on the Mac.  There are other utilities that I have like Compact Pro (for compression). StuffIt (another compression program). Wow this brings up memories !  All those hours playing games when I should have been studying !

                                    ------------ --------- ---

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Nov 25, 2009
                                      Jeffrey Brace wrote:
                                      I have so many games for my SE/30. Among some of my favorites: Spectre, Tetris, Dark Castle, a shareware Star Trek game. I will have to dig up my old disks to see what I have.

                                      I have a program called FindStuff that was Shareware written by a friend while I was at Drexel (1991-1996). It improves the ability to search for files on the Mac.  There are other utilities that I have like Compact Pro (for compression). StuffIt (another compression program). Wow this brings up memories !  All those hours playing games when I should have been studying !

                                      Sounds great.  I will also be bringing the Commodore Plus/4 with the programs I could find for it.  I have been working to accumulate Plus/4 programs that are NTSC for a few years, there are scant choices that are any good.
                                      Bill

                                    • ysgdhio
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Nov 27, 2009
                                        I have a Commodore 1084 monitor for sale.
                                        The case has some yellowing but the picture is BEAUTIFUL.
                                        I'll have it at the holiday party.

                                        Andy
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Dec 2, 2009
                                          I'm currently looking for Apple networking gear:

                                          - PC ISA LocalTalk/AppleTalk card
                                          - AAUI transceivers, 10BaseT and/or 10Base2/thincoax (need two)
                                          - AAUI transceivers, PhoneNet (if such a thing existed)
                                          - LocalTalk/AppleTalk software for PC
                                          - PhoneNet tranceivers/adapters

                                          Of course I am always on the lookout for any non-IBM OS/2 software and
                                          for OS/2 applications.

                                          Last I need another PCjr sidecar network adapter (IBM Cluster)

                                          Let me know off list if you have any of these items and what you might
                                          want for trade.

                                          Jim

                                        • evan@snarc.net
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Dec 2, 2009
                                            >>> Of course I am always on the lookout for any non-IBM OS/2 software and for OS/2 applications.

                                            Mark Dodel is your best source for that.
                                          • brian_cirulnick
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Dec 2, 2009
                                              Localtalk transcievers were known as phonenet because it used RJ-11 wiring -- let me rummage around in some boxes, I'm sure I have a few -- are you looking for the mini-din type (more common) or the 9-pin (Mac plus only, more rare) ?

                                              (Oh, all the stuff I threw away in 2002, now I need it all)....