Atari 2600..! - $70 on Craigslist

  • Bill Dromgoole
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 27, 2009
    • Joe Giliberti
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 27, 2009
        I've never seen one so cheap!

        On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Bill Dromgoole <drummy@...> wrote:

      • Timothy Fagan
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 27, 2009

          On Oct 27, 2009, at 8:43 PM, Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...> wrote:

          I've never seen one so cheap!

          You're not serious, are you? I have at least 6 2600s upstairs I would happily sell for $75 each!

          --Timster--

          On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Bill Dromgoole <drummy@...> wrote:

          http://southjersey.craigslist.org/ele/1440458530.html

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 27, 2009
            >>> You're not serious, are you?

            Tim, I sensed Joe was kidding ....
          • Joe Giliberti
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 27, 2009
              there needs to be a widely acceptable means to convey sarcasm in email clearly, without [/sarcasm] tags

              I think I have at least 4 consoles, and one of the sears branded ones

              On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 9:14 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

              >>> You're not serious, are you?

              Tim, I sensed Joe was kidding ....

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 27, 2009

                there needs to be a widely acceptable means to convey sarcasm in email clearly

                A " ; " would have sufficed.
              • Timothy Fagan
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 27, 2009
                  Doh... My Spidey-sarcasm-sense wasn't tingling. Must be the vicodine. Sorry - carry on - nothing to see here.

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  On Oct 27, 2009, at 9:12 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

                  >>> You're not serious, are you?

                  Tim, I sensed Joe was kidding ....

                • Bill Dromgoole
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 27, 2009
                    I now regret the original post.
                    I don't collect Atari and have no idea of the value of the equipment.
                    I only posted because I thought someone may be looking for one of the items.

                    Is there a generally agreed upon policy for posting links to Craigslist?
                    I know we cover a large geographical area and cannot search all the regional lists for items of interest.

                    billdrom

                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 27, 2009

                      Is there a generally agreed upon policy for posting links to Craigslist?

                      My opinion is, we should only post them when the item is extraordinary (or extraordinarily cheap).
                    • Christian Liendo
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 27, 2009
                        Well, I disagree and there is someone here to back me on that statement

                        Remember when I posted the IMSAI for $1400,  Ian Primus talked the guy down to $700

                        I say post,  because there is nothing to say you cannot contact and haggle, but your mileage may vary.

                        From: Evan Koblentz <evan@...>
                        To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 9:57 PM

                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 27, 2009

                          Remember when I posted the IMSAI for $1400
                          IMSAI is in the category of "extraordinary" if you ask me.  Whereas we don't need to see * every * C-64, Apple IIe, Atari 2600, etc.