Nice find for the museum

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 26, 2009
      My accountant finally agreed to donate his IBM 5100 and drives to
      MARCH. He's the original owner and used it to run his firm. It's been
      sitting there in his office since ..... forever.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 26, 2009
        Wow, we are getting closer to a real timeline of IBM "personal"
        computers! These three systems: 5100, 5110 model 3 (5120), and System/23
        Datamaster are most of the machines that preceeded the 5150 Personal
        Computer. See http://www-03.ibm.com/ibm/history/exhibits/pc/pc_1.html
        for the IBM exhibit on the subject.

        Like the Borroughs, we should get an oral history on how the machine was
        used as well as pictures. A "pre-rescue" picture taken on location
        (accountant's office) in better than cell phone quality would be a start.

        Jim