Intel 8085 Trainer

  • brian_cirulnick
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 26, 2009
    • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 26, 2009
        >Is this of interest to anyone?
        >
        >http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-computer-intel-cpu-8085-microprocessor-trainer_=
        >W0QQitemZ270473282163QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=3Ditem3ef97=
        >6c273

        Interesting.

        BTW, can people posting similar long URLs use something like TunyURL.COM
        before posting them? It took me some time to get the URL to work due to
        having to sift through the quoted-pukeable encoding in the posting.

      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 26, 2009
          On Mon, 26 Oct 2009, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

          > BTW, can people posting similar long URLs use something like TunyURL.COM
          > before posting them? It took me some time to get the URL to work due to
          > having to sift through the quoted-pukeable encoding in the posting.

          For Ebay, all you need to post is the item #.

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 26, 2009
            Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> writes:

            >On Mon, 26 Oct 2009, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
            >
            >> BTW, can people posting similar long URLs use something like TunyURL.COM
            >> before posting them? It took me some time to get the URL to work due to
            >> having to sift through the quoted-pukeable encoding in the posting.
            >
            > For Ebay, all you need to post is the item #.

            I now see the item # in the gobbleedegook URL. Still, a simple 6 ASCII
            characters unencrypted in a TinyURL, such as http://tinyurl.com/yg8m6tz
            is far easier to read, cut and paste.

          • Ray Sills
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 26, 2009
              I had no problem clicking on the original link. However, whenever I
              post a link, I enclose it with the < and > characters, which is
              supposed to ensure that the link will not be broken by email
              formatting and the like.

              Of course, TinyURL is a great idea, too.

              73 de Ray

              On Oct 26, 2009, at 3:58 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

              >> Is this of interest to anyone?
              >>
              >> http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-computer-intel-cpu-8085-microprocessor-
              >> trainer_=
              >> W0QQitemZ270473282163QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?
              >> hash=3Ditem3ef97=
              >> 6c273
              >
              > Interesting.
              >
              > BTW, can people posting similar long URLs use something like
              > TunyURL.COM
              > before posting them? It took me some time to get the URL to work
              > due to
              > having to sift through the quoted-pukeable encoding in the posting.
              >
              > --
              > VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker VAXman(at)TMESIS
              > (dot)COM
              >
              > "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"

            • Mike Loewen
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 26, 2009
                On Mon, 26 Oct 2009, Ray Sills wrote:

                > I had no problem clicking on the original link. However, whenever I
                > post a link, I enclose it with the < and > characters, which is
                > supposed to ensure that the link will not be broken by email
                > formatting and the like.

                I never, EVER click on a link in email. Copy and paste, usually.

                Mike Loewen mloewen@...
              • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 26, 2009
                  Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> writes:

                  >On Mon, 26 Oct 2009, Ray Sills wrote:
                  >
                  >> I had no problem clicking on the original link. However, whenever I
                  >> post a link, I enclose it with the < and > characters, which is
                  >> supposed to ensure that the link will not be broken by email
                  >> formatting and the like.
                  >
                  > I never, EVER click on a link in email. Copy and paste, usually.

                  I never, EVER, received Ray Sills' email.

                  < > around URLs does not guarantee anything other than needing to
                  remove the < and > from the leading and trainling ends of the URL
                  when copy to the browser window. If you can find an RFC that says
                  otherwise, please cite it so that I'm armed when I complain to the
                  writers of broken email agents. ;)

                • Ray Sills
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 26, 2009
                    Cogent point. I guess I've been lucky that I haven't had any
                    malicious addresses show up from senders whom I recognize.
                    Sure, there could be spoofs on any trusted email list, but I haven't
                    had any as yet. As yet. Cut and Paste is safer, to be sure.

                    73 de Ray