Re: Need ASR-32/33 in Brooklyn, NY area ASAP

  • Vintage Computer Festival
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2005
      I'm actually more accessible currently on e-mail than by phone so please
      e-mail me if you can help.

      Thanks!

      --

      Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival

    • Evan
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2005
        William Donzelli has one too, I just heard, anyone have his cell number?  (No answer at his house.)  If so please send it to me or Sellam privately, not on this list.

        I've checked all over and only David Corbin has one that works -- but good
        look contacting him, even by his cell phone (I did leave a message on
        Sellam's cell phone with DC's number).

        Hey, all you lurkers -- SOMEONE must have a terminal to give Sellam a hand!

        I shipped an ASR-32 into NY for a movie shoot and all was going relatively
        well until I tried to run a punched tape through.  Now wrong characters are
        being printed (i.e. C comes out as K, return and linefeed don't work but
        instead print characters).  Something's stuck/slipped but I have niether the
        skill nor time to try to diagnose and repair (though I'm trying).

        If someone in the NY city area has an ASR-32/33 that they can bring down
        I'll be sure they get compensated for the time and effort.

        Please try calling me at 925/216-0569.  If you don't get an answer, call
        718/930-8092 and ask for me, and say it's regarding the teletype.

        TIA!!

        --

        Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer
        Festival
        International Man of Intrigue and Danger
        http://www.vintage.org

        [ Old computing resources for business || Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Computers
        ]
        [ and academia at www.VintageTech.com  || at http://marketplace.vintage.org
        ]

      • Sridhar Ayengar
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 6, 2005
          The only teletype I have right now is a 43, unfortunately.

          Peace... Sridhar