OT: InfoAge is hiring

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 23, 2009
      InfoAge is searching for its first official employee.

      Here's the job description: "Part-time help wanted.  Business Coordinator for start-up science/history learning center located on former military site. Coordinate grant applications, membership and volunteer activities; municipality and contractor liaison; record keeping; occasional weekends. Nonprofit experience a plus. Send resume to lertme @ gmail.com."
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 23, 2009
        The fact that InfoAge feels they can meet a payroll is a very good sign.

        Jim

        Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > InfoAge is searching for its first official employee.
        >
        > Here's the job description: "Part-time help wanted. Business
        > Coordinator for start-up science/history learning center located on
        > former military site. Coordinate grant applications, membership and
        > volunteer activities; municipality and contractor liaison; record
        > keeping; occasional weekends. Nonprofit experience a plus. Send resume
        > to lertme @ gmail.com <mailto:lertme@...>."

      • Joe Giliberti
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 23, 2009
          well, from my understanding of it, grant writers usually get a small percentage cut of the grant once it is gotten

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 23, 2009
            Joe,

            I've seen similar things. Rather than "usually", I would say "sometimes"
            and such a kickback may be under the table or even a out right graft
            carved out by unethical third party grant writers. The organizations
            making the grant do not sanction such payments. The "missing" money is
            ascribed to inefficiency at the receiving organization.

            Jim