Need ASR-32/33 in Brooklyn, NY area ASAP

  • Vintage Computer Festival
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2005
      I shipped an ASR-32 into NY for a movie shoot and all was going relatively
      well until I tried to run a punched tape through. Now wrong characters
      are being printed (i.e. C comes out as K, return and linefeed don't work
      but instead print characters). Something's stuck/slipped but I have
      niether the skill nor time to try to diagnose and repair (though I'm
      trying).

      If someone in the NY city area has an ASR-32/33 that they can bring down
      I'll be sure they get compensated for the time and effort.

      Please try calling me at 925/216-0569. If you don't get an answer, call
      718/930-8092 and ask for me, and say it's regarding the teletype.

      TIA!!

      --

      Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival

    • Evan
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2005
        I've checked all over and only David Corbin has one that works -- but good
        look contacting him, even by his cell phone (I did leave a message on
        Sellam's cell phone with DC's number).

        Hey, all you lurkers -- SOMEONE must have a terminal to give Sellam a hand!

        I shipped an ASR-32 into NY for a movie shoot and all was going relatively
        well until I tried to run a punched tape through. Now wrong characters are
        being printed (i.e. C comes out as K, return and linefeed don't work but
        instead print characters). Something's stuck/slipped but I have niether the
        skill nor time to try to diagnose and repair (though I'm trying).

        If someone in the NY city area has an ASR-32/33 that they can bring down
        I'll be sure they get compensated for the time and effort.

        Please try calling me at 925/216-0569. If you don't get an answer, call
        718/930-8092 and ask for me, and say it's regarding the teletype.

        TIA!!

        --

        Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer
        Festival
        International Man of Intrigue and Danger
        http://www.vintage.org

        [ Old computing resources for business || Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Computers
        ]
        [ and academia at www.VintageTech.com || at http://marketplace.vintage.org
        ]
      • Vintage Computer Festival
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 6, 2005
          I'm actually more accessible currently on e-mail than by phone so please
          e-mail me if you can help.

          Thanks!

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 6, 2005
            William Donzelli has one too, I just heard, anyone have his cell number?  (No answer at his house.)  If so please send it to me or Sellam privately, not on this list.

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 6, 2005
              The only teletype I have right now is a 43, unfortunately.

              Peace... Sridhar