Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Catweasel Board??

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 22, 2009
      That might not be a bad idea.  Everyone can bring their copy systems and we can help each other copy files as needed.

      Here is what I can move in both directions

      1) Commodore (any type) / PC
      2) Atari /PC
      3) Apple / PC
      4) Tandy / PC
      5) CP/M ~ PC (varying levels of success depends on format)
      6) PC 5 1/4 to PC 3 1/2

      Bill

      joprysko1 wrote:
      It would probably be the Catweasel MK3 or MK4, because the MK1 was ISA, and the MK2 was Amiga only (none of the standard PC type ports)

      I am actually not sure how many disks, or how well it works.  Supposedly you can read and write Apple 5.25", Atari 9, 10, 11 sector disks, etc, etc, etc.. but then I have also read that it will do it if you have the right drivers, because the drivers with the card are primitive at best, but I don't know how old the article I was reading was.

      I can wait until the holiday party, I should have a better idea of what I need to do by then anyway.

      Thanks,

      Joe

      I do have a CatWeasel, which I haven't used because it doesn't fit into my PC. There is some gap between the board and the bracket that shouldn't be there. I need to remove the bracket to make it fit, but haven't gotten around to removing it. I'm not sure if it even works, because of the problem stated.  How long would you need it ?  How many floppies do you need to transfer ?  I believe it is version 1 of CatWeasel and it is PCI.  If it isn't too many you could wait until the VCF Holiday party, if you need it sooner and would like to borrow then you can let me know off list.