TRS-80 Model 100 on CraigsList

  • BobShuster
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 8, 2009
      Hey - thanks to whomever mentioned that TRS-80 Model 100 they saw on Craigslist a week or so ago. I'm headed off to pick it up this afternoon. Looks cherry! (Nice with the case too.)
      - Bob
    • BobShuster
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 8, 2009
        Well, I called on my way there (almost halfway there) and the guy told me had already sold it. That sucks - we had a verbal agreement and set a time and date for me to pick it up. Beware craigslist deals...

        I wasn't really looking for a Model 100, but the price looked too good to pass up. I guess it was. :(

        - Bob

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "BobShuster" <bob@...> wrote:

        > Hey - thanks to whomever mentioned that TRS-80 Model 100 they saw on Craigslist a week or so ago. I'm headed off to pick it up this afternoon. Looks cherry! (Nice with the case too.)
        > - Bob

      • joprysko1
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 8, 2009
          Hey Bob,

          Sorry about that, I had actually e-mailed the guy the day he put it up on CL, and we set a deal too. But he told me that the unit didn't work. That it had been working until he did a reset on the unit then it wouldn't turn back on, and that was the reason he was selling it.

          I figured it might be a nice project machine to try to get back up and running or something like that. Plus, considering it has something that I haven't seen in god, almost 25 years, an acoustic coupler for the modem.

          I had called him back, and he told me that he had an agreement to sell it to someone else. So I don't know what is going on with that guy. I wonder if I was competing with you for it, or if it was like "Well, whoever gets here first gets the machine." So, if it wasn't me and wasn't you, I guess some other craigslist lurker got it.

          Well, I would rather have a fully functional one regardless.

          Although most craigslist people are usually pretty reliable, but again, it is no ebay with buyer protection or anything like that.

          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "BobShuster" <bob@...> wrote:

          > Well, I called on my way there (almost halfway there) and the guy told me had already sold it. That sucks - we had a verbal agreement and set a time and date for me to pick it up. Beware craigslist deals...
          >
          > I wasn't really looking for a Model 100, but the price looked too good to pass up. I guess it was. :(
          >
          > - Bob
          >
          > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "BobShuster" <bob@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hey - thanks to whomever mentioned that TRS-80 Model 100 they saw on Craigslist a week or so ago. I'm headed off to pick it up this afternoon. Looks cherry! (Nice with the case too.)
          > > - Bob

        • Bill Degnan
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 8, 2009
            so...What is your name, joprysko1? Is this your ad?
            http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/sys/1394933949.html

            I have some parts units available if you're interested in taking a trip to
            Wilmington to review them.

            Bill

            > Sorry about that, I had actually e-mailed the guy the day he put it up on
            CL, and we set a deal too. But he told me that the unit didn't work. That
            it had been working until he did a reset on the unit then it wouldn't turn
            back on, and that was the reason he was selling it.

            > I figured it might be a nice project machine to try to get back up and
            running or something like that. Plus, considering it has something that I
            haven't seen in god, almost 25 years, an acoustic coupler for the modem.

            > I had called him back, and he told me that he had an agreement to sell it
            to someone else. So I don't know what is going on with that guy. I wonder
            if I was competing with you for it, or if it was like "Well, whoever gets
            here first gets the machine." So, if it wasn't me and wasn't you, I guess
            some other craigslist lurker got it.

            > Well, I would rather have a fully functional one regardless.
            >
            > Although most craigslist people are usually pretty reliable, but again,
            it is no ebay with buyer protection or anything like that.

            > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "BobShuster" <bob@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Well, I called on my way there (almost halfway there) and the guy told
            me had already sold it. That sucks - we had a verbal agreement and set a
            time and date for me to pick it up. Beware craigslist deals...

            > > I wasn't really looking for a Model 100, but the price looked too good
            to pass up. I guess it was. :(

            > > - Bob
            > >
            > > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "BobShuster" <bob@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hey - thanks to whomever mentioned that TRS-80 Model 100 they saw on
            Craigslist a week or so ago. I'm headed off to pick it up this afternoon.
            Looks cherry! (Nice with the case too.)
            > > > - Bob

          • joprysko1
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 9, 2009
              Yes, that is my ad. :)

              I am busy this weekend with VGXPO, I should be working in the Vintage Game room/museum if they scheduled me correctly.

              Sounds good, we will talk about it soon.

              Joe

              > so...What is your name, joprysko1? Is this your ad?
              > http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/sys/1394933949.html
              >
              > I have some parts units available if you're interested in taking a trip to
              > Wilmington to review them.
              >
              > Bill

            • Dan Roganti
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 9, 2009

                oh man, I wish I could go to VGXPO
                they have RetroCon - it;s huge !

                RETRO CON

                Retro Con is a classic games and collectors expo hosted at VGXPO and presented by J2Games. Retro Con will occupy two 5,000 sq foot ballrooms, including areas with vendors selling vintage games and collectables, a museum with exhibits showcasing game systems from the 70's, 80's and 90's, an art gallery featuring box and concept art, magazine covers and classic advertisements, and a special program track which will feature industry luminaries speaking about the history of gaming.

                =Dan

                joprysko1 wrote:
                Yes, that is my ad. :)

                I am busy this weekend with VGXPO, I should be working in the Vintage Game room/museum if they scheduled me correctly.

                Sounds good, we will talk about it soon.

              • Ray Sills
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 9, 2009
                  Hi Bob:

                  Sorry to hear of your plight. The seller is in a town right next to
                  me. I emailed him (presumably the seller is male) and got a couple of
                  One of them indicated that the 100 was not showing a proper screen...
                  although supposedly it -had- worked OK a short while ago. I said I
                  was interested, gave my phone number, but never got a phone response.

                  Yes.. the price was good. I'd buy just for the pictured accessories.
                  So, although I said I'd buy it, I never saw it in person. If the
                  seller considers me to be that buyer, I'll still get it, but offer it
                  to you.

                  I have not had any email contact with the seller in the past several
                  days. I think the last email was the past Sunday. Don't know for
                  sure, since that was from my home in PA, and I am now in my GA home.
                  I'll be back in PA in about a week.

                  FYI... I don't -need- a Model 100 (I have a 102), but as you said...
                  the price was good. Certainly worth getting for MARCH.

                  73 de Ray

                  On Oct 8, 2009, at 1:23 PM, BobShuster wrote:

                  > Well, I called on my way there (almost halfway there) and the guy
                  > told me had already sold it. That sucks - we had a verbal agreement
                  > and set a time and date for me to pick it up. Beware craigslist
                  > deals...
                  >
                  > I wasn't really looking for a Model 100, but the price looked too
                  > good to pass up. I guess it was. :(
                  >
                  > - Bob
                  >
                  > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "BobShuster" <bob@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> Hey - thanks to whomever mentioned that TRS-80 Model 100 they saw
                  >> on Craigslist a week or so ago. I'm headed off to pick it up this
                  >> afternoon. Looks cherry! (Nice with the case too.)
                  >> - Bob

                • joprysko1
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 9, 2009
                    Hmm.. maybe I should try calling him back to see if *I* am the supposed buyer, since there were several people apparently interested in it, he may have gotten confused as to who was who.