Help with Mac Performa

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2009
      Hello all,

      My only "old" Mac, a Performa 200 (late model classic style Mac), no
      longer boots. This machine used to work just fine but has developed a
      gremlin after 4-5 years of storage.

      When I turn it on the screen shows five (I think) vertical bars
      alternating black and white with a seemingly random sprinkling of random
      characters. The case has never been open as I don't know how to open it.

      I would appreciate any suggestions as to a likely cause and how to
      proceed. Do I need a special tool to open the case?