Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: OT: Vacuum Repair

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 8, 2009
      Jeff,

      First, I impressed that anyone on this list is HAS a vacuum cleaner,
      second that they are concerned when it doesn't work, and third that they
      admit it!

      Given that you have "repaired" the cord in the past, the cord would be
      the obvious suspect. Disconnect the cord from the unit (you do not need
      to remove it) and test it for continuity. There is no short or you would
      have blown the house fuse/breaker. Once you know if the cord is the
      problem, you can proceed with all the other suggestions.

      Jim